Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EuroGA unavailable in the morning

Just wanted to let you know that there seems to be a cron job that blocks the website in the mornings. Today I tried to access the site between 6:30and 7:30 CET.
Usually it just hangs, but sometimes there’s a message.

LPFR, Poland

Luckily, it is only this website that is often unavailable in early morning, not all of Europe
I understand the issue is well known by the site manager and is being worked upon.
For myself I am quite prepared to bear with this, given the good level of the forum and its average participants, and the absence of commercial humbug – a rare privilege, these days.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Yes I reported it too. Could be a DOS attack too.

I fixed the title

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

It’s not only in the morning, but in the middle of the night as well. I have observed it several times in recent weeks and assumed it was due to a server overload on the part of the other forum hosted there.

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

Maintenance processes usually start in the middle of the night. Most people don’t mind unavailability at 3. If they take too long, site is slow in the morning. I’m guessing blocking database backup. Typical for MySQL where proper non blocking backup is a paid.

LPFR, Poland

It is every morning. I notice it every day when I wake up to go to my work. It mostly takes only about one hour. I always thought it was just DB maintenance or something like that, because it is always at the same time.

Vie
EBAW/EBZW

That matches my experience as well

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands
7 Posts
Sign in to add your message