Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

What have you done with, or on your aircraft, this week-end? (10-11 June 2023)

Decided to attend the Van’s Club de France RVs only fly-in.
Overflew the Jura mountains with some zigzagging to avoid the worst of the TSs and RASHs before landing on an empty LFSP Pontarlier to enter the EU the proper way. No landing fees there, which is what I call quite reasonable

Another 1:40 flight then took me to my destination, LFHY Moulins – Montbeugny, being the 22nd RV there. Of which about 6 were Brits returning from a trip to Hungary, good bunch with whom I had a lot of fun. Unfortunately for the organisers the weather prevented an estimated 20 more RVs to participate, whilst another event in the Netherlands also attracted a few RVs.
Still, the event was well managed, French hospitality at its best, too much food and drinks as a result

Returned to my base this morning, and now pretty busy filing out all the paperwork and planning for tomorrow’s departure to Glenforsa…

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Dan wrote:

tomorrow’s departure to Glenforsa…

what a scenic place that is: do post pics plse!

Last Edited by Antonio at 14 Jun 17:36
Antonio
LESB, Spain

I flew back from a week’s vacation from South of Spain (Jerez) to home (North of Hamburg) within two days and found this – honestly – a bit too much. It was 10 hours of flying over two (hot and sweaty) days.

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

@Antonio, in typical EuroGA fashion, this non-political thread idea is, in its 2nd week, now almost bringing @Peter’s servers down to a full halt due to the explosive participation of all the members.
Nevertheless here are 2 pics taken yesterday representing some of the attraction I have for the place. Again, nothing to do with this thread’s title.

Dan
LSZF, Switzerland

Alderney

Jack’s Restaurant

Random pics

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

@Dan what type is the white low wing aircraft in front of the Stearman with the Swiss flag on the tail in your post #4? RVs are thick on the ground here like Cessnas but that one is unusual to my eyes. Thanks

I’m on a diet again, having eaten too much on vacation recently so I’m trying not to look at Peter’s photos of Alderney.

My aircraft hasn’t flown in weeks, I’ve been busy riding my motorcycle through seven European countries but I’ll be getting back to it as soon as the sun comes out.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 14 Jun 21:14

Dan wrote:

now almost bringing @Peter’s servers down to a full halt due to the explosive participation of all the members.

I sense some irony in the message, but deeply drowned in the beauty of Scotland at its best! Gorgeous!

Antonio
LESB, Spain

@Silvaire, type is a Swiss designed homebuilt Cherry BX-2. Very efficient little critter, manual retracts, usually powered by some kinda Rotax 912
Quite a few flying around, and some new builds getting started.

Dan
LSZF, Switzerland

I flew to Liverpool to visit my daughter. Although I could fly without refueling stop, it would be 5+ hours flight each direction and wouldn’t be appreciated by FO without coffee break. So on a way there we made a stop at Kortrijk EBKT and on the way back at Linz LOWL.

Ravenair’s hospitality with unlimited bar usage helped relaxing after flight as intro to Liverpool clubs.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Oh I wish I would have had time to do something…

I am confronted with other issues, where the airports around me have no hangar space (well, that’s common), but also are removing what was left for long(er) term parking space. LIPB for example looks like it will be gone for GA sooner than later, for reasons I can understand (the new owner of the airport is running an airline and needs space for their aircraft). So I relocated for the time being to Trento, which is already a nearly 2 hours drive from where I live, further cutting down time spent flying …

LOWI,LIPB, Italy
29 Posts
Sign in to add your message