Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

What kind of topics would you most like to see on EuroGA?

More posts on practices used when flying VFR within a given country, avoiding bureaucracy and costs to the greatest degree possible, and having fun. I’ve seen a lot of it in Italy for example, but rarely any discussion on EuroGA.

LeSving wrote:

You understand of course that their method is the way of brain washing. First break them down, then build them up the way you want them. The last 20 years EASA has done nothing but to destroy GA.

Wow. This is nothing short of a tangible conspiracy theory. At least it explains your constant EASA and EU-bashing with counterfactual arguments.

Anyway, EASA hasn’t have the alleged negative impact, you’re just distributing gossip and intimidate new pilots. I bet your constant grumpy postfactual statements have had more negative impact on GA than EASA rules.

For the original question, what I liked to read more is verbose pilot reports on different aircraft types and perhaps “pilot threads” with specific discussions about real life topics about the planes. I think I will start and write something to clarify…

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

Posts on EASA moved here

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Helicopter section needed urgently :-)!!!

LKHK, Czech Republic

+1 for helicopter section!

There is a real lack of useful helicopter fora out there, pprune is the only one I know and it’s very lacking

EGKL, United Kingdom

We did ask here

The feeling I’ve had over the years is that the two communities are very different in their psychology and heli pilots just don’t spend much time online talking about it. More specifically there is almost no IFR in the heli world (outside of high-end commercial ops) and again IFR (and longer distance VFR) seems to correlate with a higher level of forum activity (well, if you are looking for informative activity). This I believe is reflected in the helicopter forums that do exist.

At least that is my perception, and it might be wrong.

We had Pytlak turn up in a turbine heli at the Brac fly-in last September which was both hugely welcome and very unusual for helicopters to fly such a distance.

We had a bizjet forum but there was almost no activity so it was dropped (merged into Hangar Talk).

Administrator

Peter wrote:

We had a bizjet forum but there was almost no activity so it was dropped (merged into Hangar Talk).

With the Cirrus Jet being sold in massive numbers now it might be worth reviving

EDDS - Stuttgart

Pytlak wrote:

Helicopter section needed urgently :-)!!!

Helicopters are cool. This “landing” is one of the better

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Given the wide geographic spread, experience and aircraft, I thought some pireps on aircraft flown/owned and what is it like to fly might be interesting, but there is already something like this here.

Notwithstanding, for those who want to talk a little about their aircraft, it would be great to share some of their knowledge. It might also rekindle interest in some “neglected” types which may now or soon be “extinct”.

CKN
EGLM (White Waltham)

That is a great idea.

However, for now, could everyone start a thread on their favourite plane(s) first and if it takes off we can then turn it into a “structure” and move the threads in there.

I would suggest in Hangar Talk, and make sure the topic name is clear e.g. “PA28-181 Archer” etc.

There are so many aircraft owners here, and so many with experience of multiple types. It should work!

Administrator
Sign in to add your message