Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Which countries allow private strips / operating from your own land, and how hard is it to organise (and airfields for sale)

It means that I can cover the purchase with a regular loan (well maybe not the whole place, but at least some of it to get started). No need to sell a kid or my organs.

I was looking for more of a number… I have no idea what your kids will fetch on the open market, as I very rarely buy or sell kids.

Biggin Hill

@cobalt Kids are very illiquid indeed.The owners of Gajoubert are asking 700,000 euros for the main building and the runways and they are open to negotiation. The current asking price for the castle is 5,000,000 euros.

That’s less than a new Cirrus!

Biggin Hill

Indeed. And it fits more. You’d come :) ? I’m trying to rank this project from “absolutely stupid” to “moderately crazy”.

Do you have any details on the runways of Gajoubert ?

I would be happy to fly there, at least once a year, especially if hiking and shooting is possible :)

Do you want to buy it and rent it, or form a group to but it ?

LFOU, France

Regarding the runways:

- the grass runway is 1000m long
- the hard runway is 700mx17m, with 100m of overrun on both ends. It is 20 years old and looked great to me

The goal would be to do something inspired from Bar 10 ranch (https://www.bar10.com/). Obviously without the Grand Canyon, but with multiple on-site activities as listed above.

I’m thinking of buying it and renting it “all included” (but don’t expect a 5 stars resort!). If partners want to join the more the merrier. Not sure if crowdfunding would work for this project but if anyone is interested in joining by all means let’s talk!

wleferrand wrote:

Obviously without the Grand Canyon

Ha, that gives me an idea! Have you looked at the Causse Mejean ? In the Gorges du Tarn area, stunning landscapes aaaaand, drum roll, a glider airfield. I flew from there once, many years ago and the scenery is amazing. Also close to the coast with all it’s amenities. Perhaps something could be arranged there? The glider field didn’t look very busy at the time.

By weird coincidence I know the general area of Gajoubert as friends of mine had a house in that part of France during the time I lived in Paris. You really gotta love cows and solitude….

I won’t add this to marketplace, since it is more just an item of interest for those tired of Brexit and wanting to get out and find some freedom of flight …

CAJ7 Home, Hangar, and Airport For Sale

Location is here

Just to save people looking if up, CAD 5’000’000 ≈ € 3’300’000 ≈ £ 2’800’000

LSZK, Switzerland

@chflyer, if you lived on that airport in Alberta, the best thing about having a plane at home would be the ability to fly south in October and return in April… I’d recommend Baja California, most of Canada is there at this time of the year

(In other words it’d be a great place to fly for six months of the year, due to bitterly cold weather)

Sign in to add your message