Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EuroGA Summer 2014 Fly-In - Corsica 5-8 September

Andorra is far from Italy, they speak Catalan there.

T7 is San Marino. Andorra hasn’t discovered the ICAO reg scam as a business yet.

Last Edited by achimha at 01 Sep 19:00

T7 is San Marino – a little piece of Italy. If you do a search on the word “marino” you will find some discussion of it.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Otherwise we will have to organise it like the standard GA fly-ins i.e. a social programme where the males get a bus to the nearest Zeppelin museum, followed by the Messerschmitt museum, while the ladies get the “partner programme” i.e. a bus to the shopping centre

Noooooooo!!

I meant to meet up where, when, beer on Friday a must of course..

Flying a Commander 114B
Sleap EGCV Hawarden EGNR

Andorra hasn’t discovered the ICAO reg scam as a business yet.

Oopsie, my bad! I did mean San Marino of course. And indeed, the Andorrans are still busy discovering the charms of being a popular ski resort.

beer on Friday a must of course…

Do not forget you will be outside beerland. Discover the charms of Pernod/Ricard/… and avoid being considered a stupid foreign tourist. Add enough water and/or ice cubes.

Last Edited by at 01 Sep 19:23
EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

I don’t know about the others but we will depart EGKA about 0800Z on Friday and with a bit of luck it won’t be another 7hr flight

So should arrive in time for a late lunchtime glass of wine.

The EuroGA router now has live flight tracking.

My inbound route is this

GC 622nm
Actual 704nm

The one west of the Alps is slightly shorter but this one should be really scenic. MEA is FL180 though, but a lot of fuel will have been burnt off by then. Last time I tried that route it was ISA+15 and we were pretty heavy and could make only FL174 before capitulating and flying west, over Nice etc.

Last Edited by Peter at 01 Sep 19:46
Administrator

Hi all,
SE-GNV booked and ready. P32R,2 POB arriving friday ESTL-LFGJ-LFKC. Staying in Grand Hotel de Calvi.

All aware of this for their planning?

LFFA-B4128/14
Q)LFMM/QFULT/IV/NBO/ A/000/999/4231N00848E005
A) LFKC CALVI SAINTE CATHERINE
B) 201408280800 C) 201409101700
E) FUELLING 100LL NOT AVBL

Looking forward for some get together friday evening.

/Patrik

ESG..., Sweden

Thats torn it, no Avgas available until 10th Sept:(

Flying a Commander 114B
Sleap EGCV Hawarden EGNR

Oh what a stupid thing to do of them!!!!!

They know we are coming and they have no fuel!

Opinions?

I think Bastia has avgas and is just around the corner. Can somebody phone them in French and ask them? Also find out the PPR requirements please.

Also, could somebody who speaks Italian phone up Albenga and Genova and ask about their requirements, for a fuel stop? They both list PPR which I know from experience is likely to be absolutely strict in Italy. Does anybody have experience of which of these two is simpler for a fuel stop?

Last Edited by Peter at 02 Sep 07:14
Administrator

I called Bastia and asked about 100LL indicating 15-20 a/c They will be getting back to me after having checked with BP.

LFPT, LFPN

I would first contact Calvi. Airports give themselves very wide time margins when the fuel runs out and they have to order new fuel. When the new fuel arrives they cancel the NOTAM and the actual time without any fuel available ends up being much shorter.

I’ve heard Bastia is a really bad airport for GA nowadays.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 02 Sep 08:05
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany
Sign in to add your message