Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EuroGA Summer 2014 Fly-In - Corsica 5-8 September

Albenga is easy and I have never provided PPR but was under an IFR flight plan. Friendly service and customs/immigration. If you go there, I suggest flying in and out over the water absent a strong tail wind.

Last Edited by JasonC at 02 Sep 08:15
EGTK Oxford

Airports give themselves very wide time margins when the fuel runs out and they have to order new fuel. When the new fuel arrives they cancel the NOTAM and the actual time without any fuel available ends up being much shorter.

I am sure this is true but the reality is that if that notam isn’t gone by Thursday evening, one will need to have a definite refuel plan in place, and for me that means filling up on the way down, because that avoids getting shafted on the way back out when one has less time to waste

I think Albenga and Genoa are nicely located for most N European arrivals.

Albenga is easy and I have never provided PPR but was under an IFR flight plan

Did you use handling? A handler normally sorts out PPR/PNR for you, transparently.

The airport data says Customs 3hrs PNR and I have been refused a landing clearance in similar circumstances by Padova. Actually they had the PNR but denied having it.

Last Edited by Peter at 02 Sep 08:15
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

No Handling. Just airport office. They have customs on site. Call them and see what they say. Also a good idea to let them know you are coming if a lot of aircraft.

EGTK Oxford

I think Albenga and Genoa are nicely located for most N European arrivals.

Last year I did consider Genoa for an AVGAS fuel stop. It seemed possible but complicated and rather expensive so I did not do it in the end. Probably it would be worth to deviate quite a bit from your track in order to get fuel on a French airport and not an Italian one…

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Same NOTAM at Bastia….no fuel until 10th Sep…..looks like LFMD on way back for those heading to the UK…. 2,07€ per litre…

Last Edited by AnthonyQ at 02 Sep 09:10
YPJT, United Arab Emirates

What about Jet-A1?

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Suggest you call World Fuel Services at Calvi on : +33 4 95 65 05 45…..my guess would be yes….they have commercial flights and the NOTAM is only for Avgas

YPJT, United Arab Emirates

Checked – Jet-A1 is available.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

OK. Here is the deal. The crews of the boats that supply aviation fuel to the airports on Corsica are on strike. When they run out of fuel; there will be no more until they are resupplied.

I was told to contact Figari in case they might have sufficient reserves. It sounds like the best bet is to get fuel on the continent.

LFPT, LFPN

Figari is short on fuel too. 100LL is restricted to 100l per aircraft.

The story was a little more complex than the SNCM ferry company being on strike. The strike is actually over, but there was a boat carrying trucks loaded with 100LL and other hazmat that had to turn around due to an electrical problem, then a problem with contaminated fuel… Next delivery is expected on the 9th at the earliest.

Jet-A was not affected because it is delivered by separate tankers – not trucks shipped by boat.

LFPT, LFPN
Sign in to add your message