Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EuroGA Summer 2014 Fly-In - Corsica 5-8 September

I was more concerned about the ‘field’ we had to park in at Alderney last weekend…
Very lumpy and bumpy IMHO

Last Edited by PhilTheFlyer at 01 Sep 11:14
Flying a Commander 114B
Sleap EGCV Hawarden EGNR

Hi Phil, yes it was a bit bumpy but still 10X better than Jersey…and unlike Jersey the grass was cut!
I didnt know your aircraft otherwise I would have said hello. I was in the Malibu parked behind you.
Someone with a Cirrus managed to park in a corner of the apron…I will aim for that spot next time.

LOL!

I saw the Cirrus, wondered how he got that parking spot!

I think you guys were maybe getting in the aircraft as we were starting up? about 1700 local?

Great weekend though….

Flying a Commander 114B
Sleap EGCV Hawarden EGNR

BTW. Peter

Are there any plans at present for the Calvi weekend?

Flying a Commander 114B
Sleap EGCV Hawarden EGNR

If it was registered T7, it was my Cirrus parked on concrete in Alderney last Sunday. I just asked if I could stay on the refuelling spot after refuelling (perhaps they agreed given the amount of fuel I bought !)

You think that thing will tow a plane on anything other than tarmac which is flat to 0.01 degree?

Well well, would there really be a market for the EUROGA terrain-going electric r/c tug? 4WD, tundra tires, vastly overpowered to deal with slopes and ridges. Each wheel fitted with its own electric motor plus Sturmey-Archer 3-speed planet gear (ah, sweet memories of youth).

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

If it was registered T7, it was my Cirrus parked on concrete in Alderney last Sunday. I just asked if I could stay on the refuelling spot after refuelling (perhaps they agreed given the amount of fuel I bought !)

Thought you must have tipped the fuel guy!

We didn’t refuel so I guess we got the short straw (or long grass)

Flying a Commander 114B
Sleap EGCV Hawarden EGNR

Phil, that was around that time, we were there with the bikes. Last time there we cycled across the apron…didnt they get upset, nearly as
bad as cycling the wrong way down their High St, we nearly got ourselves arrested! Still I dont suppose much goes on there so it all adds to the excitement.
However good place to visit, helpful staff at the airfield and after London its nice to get some fresh air.

Nice Cirrus…where is T7 registration?

Last Edited by quatrelle at 01 Sep 17:55

Are there any plans at present for the Calvi weekend?

Nothing planned… probably like Mali Losinj where people did their own thing in daytime and then got together in the evening. I thought that worked out really well.

Otherwise we will have to organise it like the standard GA fly-ins i.e. a social programme where the males get a bus to the nearest Zeppelin museum, followed by the Messerschmitt museum, while the ladies get the “partner programme” i.e. a bus to the shopping centre

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

where is T7 registration?

Andorra – a bit like Italy’s pendant for the IoMan – only that there’s not any airport in the “country” except for an ultralight runway.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium
Sign in to add your message