Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

A fantastic trip to France and Spain

Departed this morning at 930 in “few at 300 broken at 1800” which in fact when up there was more like overcast at 1000 which obliged me to depart towards Lausanne instead of southwest. Luckily around Yverdon I found a hole, climbed on top and turned back on course towards Menorca.

Re – customs Geneva has dual French and Swiss status so that saved me. 2:43 later was on the ground in San Luis all in including the 30 min detour to Lausanne and back.

Until when are you there? I may go there on monday, or maybe sunday morning. Cup of coffee?

Last Edited by aart at 03 Apr 18:15
Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Leaving monday in the afternoon. I have a landing slot at 7pm to make in GVA. Sunday morning I’ll be still in Ciutadela, but bussing back to Mahon around lunch.

Back from a great trip to Menorca as well – thank you Bosco for the idea.

The Hostal Ciutadella in Ciutadella (sic) and the Carlos III in Es Castell next to Mahon come very highly recommended. The latter has a great view on the harbor and La Mola fortress.

Es Moli and Aurora restaurants also come to mind in Ciutadella, and special mention for the tuna tataki at Es Enegall (Cales Fonts, Es Castell). Stay away from the sea anemones tho :-)

Also had the pleasure of meeting Aart in person – thank you for hopping over!

The baby mustang has performed flawlessly.

And finally Geneva’s status as a French Customs airport is at last reflected explicitly in the French AIP – it only took what, 30 years to happen :-)

This could potentially lead to more operating restrictions at Bagnères-de-Luchon…

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

The second crash in a week that resulted in a major fire but no victims. It shows that if one can survive an impact but remain conscious, the chances of exiting even a burning aircraft are perhaps not that bad.

LSZK, Switzerland
46 Posts
Sign in to add your message