Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Meet-up at Hotel Hertelendy Kastely LHKU - 2-4 September 2016

Last Edited by C210_Flyer at 21 Apr 09:24
KHTO, LHTL

JnsV wrote:

Depending on the room it is / was 250 – 350 Euros per night per for 2 persons and more often than not for that price you would get a 3-course dinner included. It is not cheap, but not out of the way even in Hungary.

So then dinners are included in the price of the rooms correct? I was not aware of the fact that dinner was included. If so then it is not really that expensive. A 3 night stay would be great. By the way the weather is great in Hungary from June 1st through mid Oct.

JnsV wrote:

I will get a quote for that, but it should be ca. 100 Euro per occasion (i.e. this amount for the arrival and the departure separately), no matter how many persons or planes to be checked. And, in the worst case, LHSM is not too far.

So for the guys coming from Non Schengen its not a bad deal if lets say 4 planes arrive around the same time. Its only 25 Euro for landing and 25 for taking off.

KHTO, LHTL

C210_Flyer wrote:

So then dinners are included in the price of the rooms correct? I was not aware of the fact that dinner was included. If so then it is not really that expensive.

Not with all rates, but they had such special rates most of the time when they were open regulary, and their offers for the two above mentioned weekends include dinner for that price.

Hajdúszoboszló LHHO

JnsV wrote:

In the 2016 summer season they are open for individual guests on May 13-16 and also on June 24-27

Well the June date seem to work for me. Now what about the obstacle question? If its a field in either direction its doable.

KHTO, LHTL

@C210_Flyer
Look at their VFR manual, it lists no obstacles:
http://www.hotel-hertelendy.hu/site2/files/file/vfr_manual.pdf
I do not see anything on Google Maps either.

The manager sent a reply for my message about a proposed fly-in. They would welcome us at any date if at least 5 rooms are booked.

They did a temporary border opening 2 years ago. At that time it was 60000 Ft (200 EUR), presumably for both the arrival and the departure, so 100 EUR per occasion is what it would cost.

Btw, for the two above-listed days there are no big group functions at the hotel. The Passover weekend is only for individual guests and for the later date they have an 8-room group of American pilots, otherwise individual guests only.

Most other weekends are open, if we really want to do a fly-in there. For me early/mid July or late August/early September would be the best.

Last Edited by JnsV at 22 Apr 14:42
Hajdúszoboszló LHHO

I would love to join, but cannot earlier than Mid July. I am about to do a trip now into South Africa, Mozambique, Malawi and Zimbabwe and in June our oldest daughter is expecting her second child (our grandchild) so I can’t go on a trip around her delivery date (my wife would kill me :-) ). I have only very sweet memories of Hertelendy. Great place and one of the finest in the world. Service level is great. Lots of attention to details. It is in the countryside, so if you love the countryside, horseback riding and things like that, it is a great place to go to. It is a place where we love to bring our own children and their partners.

EDLE, Netherlands

This place sounds idyllic to me. Sometimes I wish I’d bought a c of a aeroplane instead of a permit one because then I might spend more time flying and less time tinkering.

Last Edited by Stickandrudderman at 23 Apr 07:00
Forever learning
EGTB

Out of the weekends listed as free by the hotel the ones that I could make are the following:
- Sept 3-4
- Sept 10-11
- Aug 27-28
- July 23-24

Dates are listed in the decreasing order of my preference. All weekends after Sept 10 are free, too, but those are too risky due to the autumn weather. IMO it would be the best to stay 2 nights, meaning a Friday arrival and a Sunday departure.
Please let me know how many are interested and I will get a quotation from the hotel for the room and meals.

Hajdúszoboszló LHHO

Friday 2nd until Sunday 4th of September: sounds great! Anyone else interested?

Last Edited by AeroPlus at 24 Apr 13:25
EDLE, Netherlands

Sept 2nd/4th is fine for my wife and me, too!

LOAN Wiener Neustadt Ost, Austria
Sign in to add your message