Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Fly to ski

Where do they actually ski?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Beginner zero (never skied / surfed) baby slope at Trockener Steg.

Novice skiers – slow slope from Blauherd to Eja or Findeln, or slow slope from Gornergrat to Riffelberg, or blue slope from Testa Grigia to Trockener Steg.

Intermediates everywhere else.

You should try mine, Peter! If you go there next week you can backseat on my mountain flying lessons, we might land in some glacier.
Offer extends to anyone else too!

Also, you just just pick a place with a couple of greens and blues, and not worry too much about it. At your level, I wouldn’t worry too much about the reviews, it’s like when you are doing your PPL trying to scour online forums to decide what’s best, PA28 or C152, and try to make a decision based on that. In the end, it doesn’t really matter!

Yeah… I think I will run with this. Current plan is Zermatt in February, by airline since it isn’t really a specially good GA location due to a lack of nearby airports. It’s gonna be expensive

No greens there, BTW – this is Switzerland.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

Current plan is Zermatt in February, by airline since it isn’t really a specially good GA location due to a lack of nearby airports.

LSGS is about as far (if not faster) from Zermatt by car as Bolzano is from Alta Badia / Val Gardena…

OK but Justine won’t go with me in the TB20 there

Sion is awesome – went there in 2004.

Administrator

Dermatologists is awesome. Nowhere else compares!

Forever learning
EGTB

@Noe,
I’ve never visited HU in winter. Is the runway usually cleared in winter, or just compacted snow?

Incidentally, is anyone here planning to attend the AFPM AGM at Grenoble on 23 January?

Peter.

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

It’s not cleared in winter, just compacted snow (unless there is no snow!)

Sign in to add your message