Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EuroGA 13-14 May 2017 Fly-In Roskilde EKRK / Copenhagen

A bit of up-to-date info:

Bus 220 goes from EKRK to Roskilde. It will cost about 3 EUR and takes 43 minutes.
Train from Roskilde Station to Copenhagen Central is 13 EUR and takes 24 minutes.

Let me know in advance if I can help you guys in some way now that I am not going to be flying in but driving in.

EKRK, Denmark

I’m going.

Noe wrote:

(I ask on the radio first if there is a tower)

I have biked across the ramp at EKRK without asking before so I think it is ok.

Michael_J wrote:

and takes 43 minutes.

I think that is including walking 2 km from the airport to the busstop, the actual bus ride and then walking from the bus stop to the station.

Sadly the part on the Roskilde Airport web page describing how to get from and to the airport is not working in English.
This is the part machine translated regarding taxi to the station. 1 EUR = app 7,5 DKK
Taxi can for example be taken from Roskilde Station. There are approximately 8 km to Roskilde Airport. A trip costs between 170 and 200 kronor, depending on time and traffic.
A taxi from Roskilde Airport can be ordered by contacting the Port Office or by phone +45 46 75 75 75. During normal operation The driver will be at Roskilde Airport 5-10 minutes after ordering

Please note that Friday 12 May is bank holiday. That could mean a bit extra run on hotels etc. so best not to be to late with that.

pmh
ekbr ekbi, Denmark

I booked the plane for the Friday → Sunday.

Trying to find a IFR route from EGNX without going a long way round, any help would be appreciated ideally FL180 max (in a Seneca so not worried about over water)
Found a route that’s not to bad.

Last Edited by Rob at 17 Dec 11:43

EuroFPL says:
DTY M189 CLN L620 TULIP Y12 SPY N873 GRONY M105 EEL N125 WSN L23 HAM P605 GESKA T59 ROBUS

EKRK, Denmark

Found a route that’s not too bad.

Which one?

From the autorouter / EuroGA router:

With some fly-by waypoints added e.g. EGSH you get this

With EGSH & SPY and “shortest time” FL100-FL180 you get nonsense e.g.

It looks like it is routing to SPY first and then to EGSH and then onwards… but there is a general shortage of low level airways on that route.

Anyway, you get the idea… and this router is free.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I tried @mm_flynn ’s FlightPlanPro (which used to be my main tool and has been my backup tool for several years) and it produces this similar result

DTY M189 POTON/N0180F150 M189 ADMIS M183 REDFA L620 TULIP Y12 SPY N873 JUIST P174 NIMDO/N0170F100 P999 ALS P615 ASBIL L983 TUDLO P729 KOR

(FPL-NXXXXX-IG
-TB20/L-YGSR/S
-EGNX1000
-N0176F130 DTY M189 POTON/N0180F150 M189 ADMIS M183 REDFA L620 TULIP Y12 SPY N873 JUIST P174 NIMDO/N0170F100 P999 ALS P615 ASBIL L983 TUDLO P729 KOR
-EKRK0335
-PBN/B2D2 DOF/161221)

Maybe one could play around with fly-by waypoints further north in the North Sea?

Administrator

This might be a useful tool if you want to go looking for fly-by waypoints. Otherwise, you need something which can display IFR waypoints and airways…

Administrator

I have added this under Meetups

Administrator

Great, a meet-up that is nearby! I’m flying in from ESME. I booked the airplane for Saturday.

I have flown to Roskilde a couple of times, it is a nice airport, but be careful to not overfly certain cities. In the best case the controller warns you, in the worse case you get a fine.

AIP

They are too many so I generally try to avoid all cities that I see.

ESME, ESMS
Sign in to add your message