Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EuroGA 13-14 May 2017 Fly-In Roskilde EKRK / Copenhagen

I am hoping to attend on the Saturday night. A/c booked.

EGBJ / Gloucestershire

I am doing a mailing to remind everyone of this fly-in.

The majority of pilots don’t read these long threads regularly (particularly as many login only to post and then log out, so they lose features like the unread posts) and they might miss out

Can someone please put together some basic current airport data for both Roskilde and Copenhagen airports e.g. PPR/PNR, fuel arrangements, rough costs, handling issues, etc. Some people will prefer to fly to Copenhagen itself – unless the cost is completely silly e.g. €500.

I am assuming the main meet-up will actually be in Copenhagen, not Roskilde?

Many thanks!

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Last Edited by huv at 08 Jan 18:32
huv
EKRK, Denmark

The info needs to be more current than 2011.

People can dig out the approach plates etc and obviously plan on how to fly there, but current info on the airports is very helpful because it can be obtained only with phone calls and maybe some local experience. Especially stuff like handling which is high dependent on how you arrive, etc and this can make a huge difference to costs. At some airports, the handler tries to “grab” all arrivals and give them a large bill.

Another thing is some kind of discount on landing fees etc. We got 50% off at Brac in September 2016.

It may for example be possible to organise parking (parking is another big issue, repeatedly) at a local aeroclub and that definitely needs local-language phone calls. Can someone please do this.

On past record we may get 10-30 planes, according to the weather.

Also if there are parking issues e.g. grass has to be used then many people will drop out.

I might do a simple mailing just so people put the date in their diary. In practice some will arrive Friday 12 May and depart Monday 15 May.

As previously, to minimise incorrect classification as spam, the mailing is going only to people who have logged in within the past 12 months.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

The info needs to be more current than 2011.

Of course. My post was not an answer to yours, which I had not seen..

huv
EKRK, Denmark

Peter,

I am happy to help, but you do realise that your flying to a fairly developed part of the world right
They speak perfect English, have an information website and have no interest in rolling you over on any kind of handling scam, if that is what you suggest.
http://www.rke.dk/en/

The only real question is on parking. 30 singles will not fit the main apron, but I gave them a call this morning, and they will call me back with a suggested alternative. I doubt they would want anyone to park on their grass.

Take-off charge is £9 and parking £6.50 per 24 hours. Do you really want to ask for a discount on that? I don’t think you can do an ILS or RNAV much cheaper anywhere else already.

EGTR

Parking sorted.

They can most likely fit everyone on the main apron, but if pushed, they have a couple of taxiways that they can use as well. For those with the plates, DELTA and JULIET, so no more than max a 5min walk away.

I promised to give them a heads-up on numbers once we get closer and they also know what else is coming on the day.

EGTR

but you do realise that your flying to a fairly developed part of the world right

What I was getting at is that since a group of people who are based up there wanted the fly-in to go there, and presumably know the area and facilities, they are in a good position to organise the details.

Many thanks for doing this, mmgreve.

What is the situation at Copenhagen airport and where would the main meet-up (the Saturday) be proposed?

Administrator

EKCH is really only if you would want to tick the box. I had a quick play with their calculator, and it looks like £500 to the airport before you pay for handling…but the fact that you can’t select any piston engines in engine type and they ask for weight in tons, tells you that you might not be their target audience.

…and I think you will be in the city centre in a taxi from Roskilde, before you make it out of the airport in Copenhagen.

I am not sure I can be the organiser on the the social part, as I may have to drop in and out due to other commitments

EGTR

If someone’s keeping track of interested parties, please add me to the list. Timing is good as long as it doesn’t change…. it does seem to now be fixed.

I found the Telegram group great for the Brac trip, even though the weather was just a too much and kept me from attending. So I hope that will be set up again.

Vince

LSZK, Switzerland
Sign in to add your message