Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

100 year celebrations of the first airliner airport in Europe Devau in Kaliningrad

ch.ess wrote:

That obviously wasnt true , or not the full story.

The gravel RWY was perfect although narrow with little space left outward of the main gear ;-)

LSPG, LSZC, Switzerland

Sorry to read of the prop strike… I had missed that originally. That’s a big problem so far from base. However, these things happen, which is why many pilots avoid grass airfields of unknown condition. From what I hear, insurers usually prefer to return the aircraft by truck, to where they can have control over it.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The text was kindly written by my copilot Philipp Kujumdschiev in german and machine translated to english by deepl.com so I apologize for the language. But many thanks Philipp!

Last Edited by Neal at 30 Aug 23:09
LSPG, LSZC, Switzerland

The translation is very good.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

orry to read of the prop strike… I had missed that originally.

The 182 is being ferried to Switzerland by lorry next week with detached wings so maintenance will take place here.

LSPG, LSZC, Switzerland

Neal wrote:

saw the oil filter and asked “is this black box?”

This really made me laugh

What an epic trip! Thank you for writing it up @Neal , plus the background information and photos.

Was there a happy ending to the propstrike?

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

Capitaine wrote:

Was there a happy ending to the propstrike?

Two guys from the club who owns the C182 drove to Kaliningrad by lorry and got the wings off and loaded the airplane on the truck and took it back to Switzerland for repair.

LSPG, LSZC, Switzerland
17 Posts
Sign in to add your message