Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

2013 Steward Cup air race

All the information in on their website. The fees are for 2 races (participation) and membership as well as that there is an option to participate in all the races in one year. The racing calendar is in there as well. I would assume that they pay lots of attention to safety.

EDLE, Netherlands

I'm not from the health and safety brigade, but it seemed a reasonable discussion point so I wanted to introduce it anyhow. I read the document on the website, and it says the race will typically take place at 700 foot AGL, but in an example race pictured in the document, it places the race pretty much over the centre of Chelmsford, UK, which is big enough to be considered a 'congested area', Therefore shouldnt flights observe the 1000ft rule? 1000 ft would generally be a safer minimum anyhow considering potential differences in ground elevation along the route.

I noted that there were exemptions from the CAA for a couple of things (e.g. overtaking to the left and the right of an aircraft and more than one aircraft on the runway at a time), but no reference to an exemption for the 1000 ft rule.

Well, at the end of the race, they even fly over the finish line at 100 feet above the ground, so yes, there are different rules here. I would assume they have permission to do so as they are the Royal Aeroclub :-)

EDLE, Netherlands

Well if anyone is in need of a Navigator you know where to find me, lol :)

EGBJ, EGBP, EGTW, EGVN, EGBS

The first EuroGA air race is happening and I didn’t know

LFOU, France
15 Posts
Sign in to add your message