Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

6-9 May 2016 EuroGA fly-in to Carcassonne LFMK

I got fuel on Friday OK. The school was totally deserted.

We had some trouble with the pump. ATC refused to help – “nobody around until maybe Saturday/Sunday”. When I asked about any fire crew, they said there is none (!). So I called Nestor who made a phone call and a fireman turned up and sorted it (took him a while though).

The AIR BP requirement was also not strict but I don’t know the details.

The city was great but the airport was definitely one of the least friendly ones I have ever been to. Well, you can read this thread some way back to get the feel of the “fun” we had.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

It was school holiday (long weekend) due to Pentecost Thursday.

LFPT, LFPN

Peter wrote:

back to get the feel of the “fun” we had

Come on. Cheer up. It was great.

LFPT, LFPN
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Thanks chaps, I’ll give it a go on arrival.

Oxford and Bidford

Concering the fuel situation: During our stay in LFMK, @Patrick and us were able to refuel and pay with credit card in the office of the fuel guy.

I suggest to call the tower and inquire directly with them.

LOAN Wiener Neustadt Ost, Austria

Should be possible if they are not busy with commercial flights.

LFPT, LFPN

Arrived on thursday on the flyin. Asked tower on landing that i am aware of notam, airbp on board how is the possibility on refuel? Got number 2 after fuelling helicopter taxi to fuel station. Biggest problem was to come to terms with the fuel station GUI… :)

/Patrik

ESG..., Sweden

Aviathor wrote:

It was school holiday (long weekend) due to Pentecost Thursday.

Dont forget to check the notam as to which organization is on strike or planning to strike.

Peter wrote:

The city was great but the airport was definitely one of the least friendly ones I have ever been to.

Lighten up Peter just because you spent 30 hrs only to hit a brick wall that Nestor had to demolish, does not mean the airport authority was that uncaring. Dont forget they looked the other way when some of us self parked on the tarmack.

Last Edited by C210_Flyer at 28 May 14:59
KHTO, LHTL

Thank-you

LFLY, France
Sign in to add your message