Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

A few things you might not know about using this forum

More important: there seems to be something wrong about inserting www links. I had trouble in the “Filing FPL” thread, and blamed it on my own stupid self. But then I saw the same issue in a reply from a most able poster, so the trouble must be for real…

When did you try it? About 30 minutes ago we updated the code which automatically turns links in to, well, clickable links. If it’s still a problem please point me to the post where it’s happening and I’ll take a look.

NB the “new” facility is now working to great satisfaction, I am using it all the while. Nice to have, on top of it, would be a similar “Last” button, present all the while. May have been discussed before, though, if so please disregard.

Glad you like it.

I’m disinclined to add a last button. I want to avoid a proliferation of links. You can achieve much the same at the moment with two clicks (one to the thread, another to the last page). And of course you can always choose to have the thread displayed in reverse order so that clicking the thread title will always take you to the latest post on that thread.

Administrator
EGTR / London, United Kingdom

For the www linking: negative, either I am missing something or it doesn’t work. See recent addition to “Filing FPL” thread and pls. remove my test entry.

Regarding the “last” button: captain’s discretion gracefully respected.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

It looks to me like it did work – the link is clickable

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

But surely the intention was for only “examples” to appear in the text, highlighted, and when clicked the referenced web page would open up in a new browser window?

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

OK, let me try it here

“examples”:www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/when-in-rome-do-as-the-romans-do.html

Whoops you are right!!

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Pfffiieuw! I was really beginning to doubt myself!

(which of course is a healthy exercise to anyone, if not applied too frequently … )

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

This is trickier than it might appear!

I’ve set things back the way they were, so using the link button, or writing the text in quotes followed by a colon and the URL, i.e.

"Like This":http://www.euroga.org

gives you:

Like This

What isn’t working though, at the moment, is URLs automatically being made clickable. So if you write http://www.euroga.org it’s not automagically turned in to a clickable link. It was doing that that broke the links earlier.

Administrator
EGTR / London, United Kingdom
17 Posts
Sign in to add your message