Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

A little trip Shoreham EGKA to Pau LFBP

I dipped the RH wing to get that pic, very briefly so it would not show on radar as a change of track

I will try CurrencyFair tonight. Someone also mentioned Transferwise.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The advantage of revolut (although I think transferwise also do it now) is that you get a debit card, and everything is super easy to do via an app.

@ terbang

I have landed there last year on my journey from Portugal to Cyprus. Nice airfield, and yes I am considering it.

LPSR, Portugal

Thank you all for the payment tips. In the end I set up with Transferwise. It is really easy and I especially like the ability to pay with a credit card and have the option of not saving the CC details. Any facility which involves bank details makes it possible for someone to empty your bank account.

I very rarely need to do this sort of thing; maybe 1x to 2x a year. Most airports take credit cards. But I might use it for other foreign payments too.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Silvaire wrote:

Yes, the bunkers look like those used for ammunition storage.

This area is pretty active in terms of military. Many parachute and Special Forces units are based between Biarritz and Toulouse.
LFBP itself is home of the French Army Parachute School (like Fort Benning in the US), the main SF training facility, and 2 Army Aviation regiments (one is SF).

simon32 wrote:

Further up the river in the distance is the town of Castillon-la-Bataille where the British were defeated in 1453, putting an end to the 100 years’ war. This is not taught in English history.

LFOU, France

Very nice flight report Peter.

Jean
EBST, Belgium
26 Posts
Sign in to add your message