Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

A little VFR trip Shoreham EGKA to Jersey EGJJ

I visited Jersey last weekend and considering the previous comments about the grass parking at the Aeroclub chose to use GAMA instead. Handling was £140 for a 2.3T Meridian which for the service and ease of getting taxi, bags to taxi, fueling, CTOT updates on departure and very smart passenger lounge was reasonable. It was the £55/night parking that was a bit steep. In total just under £300 for 2.5 days including landing and taxes.

Lydd

The CAA/NATS map has the 5km zone at La Hague in dash line indicating it is not permanent and it is acivated by NOTAM.

That matches the French AIP ENR 5.1 in the comments for LF P 7

Users attention is drawn to the fact that in case of Vigipirate (antiterrorist) plan reinforcement, a 5km radius area can be implemented by NOTAM.
In that case, Alderney – Cap de la Hague route is not available BLW 3900ft AMSL.
See ENR 5.1- 0 paragraph 1.2.2

Last Edited by Xtophe at 15 Jun 23:36
Nympsfield, United Kingdom

This is from the online French VFR chart discussed here

So, assuming that one is correct, it would appear even the UK CAA has got it wrong

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

This is SkyDemons interpretation of the prohibited areas around Cap de la Hague which is a nuclear reprocessing plant, the actual nuclear power plant is at Cap Flamanville LFP-6 about 10 nms south of Cap de la Hague

The grass area that you parked on is not the recommended area as it is rough, local aircraft use it as they know the rough areas, you should have continued up the taxiway to the flat area where the grass is cut regularly

Many thanks for the info, and welcome to EuroGA, @welkyboy

Where can this info be found? I merely followed the signs for visiting aircraft.

This is what the CAA 1:500k chart shows for Cap de la Hague

Administrator

https://www.gov.je/Travel/MaritimeAviation/CivilAviation/Pages/PrivatePilots.aspx
The above link will take you to the online form for the Jersey General Dec, the U.K. GAR form is not accepted by the Jersey authorities as we are not in the UK or even in the EU!! The grass area that you parked on is not the recommended area as it is rough, local aircraft use it as they know the rough areas, you should have continued up the taxiway to the flat area where the grass is cut regularly. The restricted area around Cap de la Hague is actually much smaller in size than the Garmin maps depict. If you look at the 1/500000 chart you will see the correct dimensions. Garmin have been informed of this many times over the years along with the omission of Q41 north of Ortac but are not interested….

Peter wrote:

A video of this VFR flight Shoreham EGKA to Jersey EGJJ

Many thanks for this nice video. I did fly to Jersey three times and had never the peace to look around while approaching the runway.

Berlin, Germany

A video of this VFR flight Shoreham EGKA to Jersey EGJJ

I edited it to leave the ATC interaction, for educational purposes

Administrator

Thanks for the great info !

And very timely – will be there from 21st, weather permitting (but looks good).
I will stay at the club and for 13 BP incl a week parking, I will happily push/pull Trini around ;-)

GenDec will be filled and submitted…

EDM_, Germany

I have always emailed a copy of the UK GAR to the CI airport in question but on this occassion they refused to process it, having printed it out… I had to type most of it into a PC provided for that purpose. I did look for a form as posted above by Bosco but could not find it.

Administrator
16 Posts
Sign in to add your message