Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

A visit to Salzburg LOWS

Excellent daddy daughter trip and good memories for both of you

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

@Snoopy Done so in 2018. You can see our Bonnie in the background in parking in front of hangar 7.

EDDS , Germany

You can email Hangar 7 and ask to park there. I highly recommend it. Hangar 7 along with the meticulously cared for vintage planes is really fantastic.

always learning
LO__, Austria

Ah, yes. I regret not having the time to visit Hangar 7. We’ll be back for sure.

EHTE, Netherlands

Nice flying experience for your daughter! Well done. LOWS is always worth a visit. I do recommend the Hangar 7 for dinner. Located at the airport directly.

EDDS , Germany

Thanks! I have no good pictures of the panel with the engine Instruments. They retrofitted the diesel, the G1000 loses some of it’s engine functions and these are displayed by the two new instruments in the panel. Engine load, oil temp, pressure, fuelflow, coolant and fuel temp. The club rents it out for just under € 180,00 when you pay a fixed fee of € 300,00 per year. It has it’s shortcomings where speed and W&B limitations are the most noteworthy, but all in all a good deal. I’ve made a few video’s of me flying it, such as this one.

[ URL fixed – see here for why these get broken ]

EHTE, Netherlands

The Sound of Music, a movie/musical that she has seen many,

Those who have not seen this movie, should immediately plan to do it. What a source of joy !

Very inspiring trip.
I didn’t know g1000 aircraft could be retrofitted with Diesel. Unless it is one of the new diesel Skyhawk freshly built by textron ? Would you provide a picture of engine instruments ?

Great trip and good use of that Diesel Cessna. Imagine the same trip by car ;) and it puts the slow speed of the 172 in perspective.

always learning
LO__, Austria

lovely. I am very much looking forward to finally being able to take my daughter flying.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Not sure what the JET A costed, as luck would have it, I had the club AirBP card with me, so I offered that. I did not hear back from the treasurer yet…

EHTE, Netherlands
13 Posts
Sign in to add your message