Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Acceptance of electronic logbooks (or simple Excel files) in different countries

I haven't used it, but I came across this one launching soon and it looks pretty good.

http://www.logbook.aero/

I've tried a few before, but never found one that would allow an Excel import / export, and wasn't over complicated. Plus I started typing up all my hours, and frankly got very bored doing it, so keeping my traditional hard log book for the moment, and photographing the content every now and then.

I am using logbook.aero and I really like it - especially the ability to add gps tracks, fotos etc to a flight record. Support has also been first rate. I already kept a digital log book and that was imported into logbook.aero saving a lot of work

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

Logten Pro is not free but is absolutely excellent in my opinion. A very professional product and I haven't found anything it won't cope with yet.

United Kingdom

Thanks for your suggestions. I'll have a close look at them. Ian

EGNS/Garey Airstrip, Isle of Man

How does one deal with instructor signoffs, endorsements, etc?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I use Safelog....which seems Ok....useful for me with EASA / FAA / CASA all being a little bit different but Safelog allows reports / currency checks according to the various rules....it also has S Africa and a few others I think.....i only use the electronic version for the various reports etc....my primary is still the paper logbook....and that is where I get sign-offs

YPJT, United Arab Emirates

I also use SkyLog which was fine for years - and I will maintain it for the time being but I am very taken with the extras in logbook.aero. There is also mccpilotlog.net which has quite a following and is, I believe, free

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

LogTen Pro is extremely expensive and extra expensive if you opt for the iPad/iPhone companion app. €90,- for the mac version and €70 for the iPhone/iPad app. And no cloud syncing available between the devices...

I have LogTen Pro, and use it, but to be honest it not worth €160. It's a nice looking app, but for the functionality I think there a lots of other apps and programs with bigger value on the market.

LogTen Pro does have a feature to sign off the flight on the iPhone or iPad by your instructor.

Other options are: - The cloud based Pilot Pro with iPhone and iPad app. - Free Vortex Log - Copilot - mccPILOTLOG which supports most platforms mccPILOTLOG (from december they also have a mac app according to their site).

If Pilot Pro improves, I think I'll switch when LogTen Pro doesn't support (i)cloud syncing in the near future.

Bushpilot C208/C182
FMMI/EHRD, Madagascar

I use Safelog....which seems Ok....useful for me with EASA / FAA / CASA all being a little bit different but Safelog allows reports / currency checks according to the various rules....

Me too.

Works well and syncs between versions and the web.

EGTK Oxford

How does one deal with instructor signoffs, endorsements, etc?

With LogTen Pro instructors can sign with their finger on iphone/ipad. I personally don't use this feature and I just annotate the entry with the instructors/examiners licence number. CAA has accepted this as a print out a couple of times now.

I have LogTen Pro, and use it, but to be honest it not worth €160. It's a nice looking app, but for the >functionality I think there a lots of other apps and programs with bigger value on the market.

LogTen Pro does have a feature to sign off the flight on the iPhone or iPad by your instructor.

I am not affiliated with Coradine in any way but I want to stick up for the product because I am a big fan. I only use the iPhone and Mac apps, I see no reason to need it on my ipad as well and I can use the iphone version on ipad if I have to. This makes the full price for me about £105 or such and it's not a yearly subscription, their mandatory updates (which require a repurchase and is maybe the worst thing about their model depending on opinions) tend to roll out more than a year apart. I would guess 18 months maybe. I think the features one receives are well worth the price of less than an hours flight.

As I mentioned above, LogTen does support digital signing and has done so for a couple of years now I think.

I suppose it's all down to how much value you place on it, but I love how simple it is to keep everything up to date using LogTen and the plethora of features and logbook printing options it gives me.

I briefly tried mccPL and I think it's probably pretty close to LogTen but I just did not find it as user friendly.

United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message