Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Advice for airfield in the south of France

Hi,
I plan to fly in Aero Friedrichshafen (probably Friday 29th April). Even though my SR22 may do it in one leg from Madrid (I’m based in LEMT) I prefer to stop in south of France. I have never flown there so I would appreciate any advice choosing a friendly and not too demanding airfield/aeroport to do the stop and have a quick lunch before heading to EDNY.
I would avoid grass or small runways (ideally >= 1000 m)… Aerodromes on my track are…… LFDB… LFCV… LFHQ

Thanks for any suggestions!

Ignacio

LEMT, Spain

Hola Ignacio. I’ve had a good experience at Carcassone – LFMK. For fuel, you need an AirBP card – if you don’t have one, I recommend getting one.

We also got fuel at Lézignan-Corbières – LFMZ, but you need to call in advance and let them know you will be coming – they take normal credit cards.

I didn’t get food, so not sure that these are good places to eat. Might be better to wait until you get to EDNY and have a nice German sausage!

Fly more.
LSGY, Switzerland

Beziers LFMU is a very good place for a fast no-hassle stop.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Hydres Toulon might be a good one, it’s right next to the beach and if you don’t need AVGAS (it is 4hr PPR) you could stop there.

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

I always like Carpentras (LFNH), selfservice pumps with all fuels and no AirBP/Total just the bankcard. Last visit was in 2019 though…

EHTE, Netherlands

LFMN (Cannes) might be a bit out of the way but you can get fuel there with a regular card (have to choose the correct pump!), limited to €300 (only €150 on my card for some reason) but you can always do it in two or more goes.

LFMD, France

Whenever I fly to Spain or Portugal, I use Beziers LFMU, because of quick refuelling and low landing fees. The price of fuel is much lower than in Spain and it’s very similar to other airports in France.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

LFMN is excellent and LFNH. Was there last year and the self service card fuel was great and good value.

Pig
If only I’d known that….
EGSH. Norwich. , United Kingdom

Hi icordoba,

If you only look for an easy lunch stop, I recommend Cahors LFCC :

• in the middle of the area you want
  • 1500m of paved runway sitting at 912ft
  • restaurant on the airfield
  • LPV approach if needed.
    Our friend wleferrand knows the place.

The only worry is the weekdays AFIS is French only (on paper), English on PPR.

Albi LFCI offers the same services with English weekdays AFIS, but slightly off your route.

If you want fuel, both offer TOTAL Avgas so very quick if you have the card and not the quickest if you don’t.

Do not hesitate to refine your request or ask any questions.

LFOU, France
9 Posts
Sign in to add your message