Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Advice/help needed - plane stranded at Oxford

Hi guys,

I am in a bit of a predicament here and I need your advice or help. A month ago, on my way from France to Ireland, I stranded with my airplane in Oxford. the people there were extremely friendly and helpful. A maintenance shop in Oxford promised to take care of my aircraft. In the meantime I had to travel back home and get back to my job. Since then I haven’t heard anything from the maintenance shop, they don’t answer my emails or texts. They don’t even answer their phones.
What would you guys think is the best course of action? I don’t know if my aircraft is still there and they are trying to repair it. To be honest, I am worried.

Ralph

Germany

Can’t recommend anything regarding the shop in Oxford, but if you find out you need someone else to come over and take care of your aircraft, Enstone Hangar is only 7 NM away.

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

I would call the FBO. Get a set of eyes on your aeroplane. When you established where it is, get them to go around to the shop and see what they are doing.

For any unique or unusual requests and requirements for crew and/or passengers, please just call or e-mail the management team on:
+44 (0) 1865 290 710 / [email protected]

Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

Thank you both. I already tried the FBO (ops) three days ago via email, they didn’t answer yet. They are probably too busy.

Germany

I endorse what Beech Baby says. The FBO there is very good and they guard the reputation of the airport highly.

If you do not suceed in getting help from the staff let me know. I can try someone I know there, James Dillon-Godfray, head of Buisness Development. Or in extremis I can fly in – its just 10 mins away from my farm strip.

Upper Harford private strip UK, near EGBJ, United Kingdom

Somebody needs to go there. I can’t – too far away. But loads of people here are either based there or live near.

You must not let this sort of thing go unchecked because there is a tendency in certain parts of GA to create a huge hangarage bill which before long renders the plane worthless.

In the motor trade this has been a standard practice since for ever, but they also have a long history of people leaving cars and walking away.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Thank you all. An Oxford based pilot offered to walk over tomorrow to the maintenance shop and give me a status update. So anxious and looking forward. I’ll keep you posted.

Germany

I’m also quite local to Oxford if you need any assistance.

You don’t say why it is with a maintenance company at Oxford. Was it stranded for a tech reason and they are supposed to be fixing it, or was it not a tech thing (e.g. weather, paperwork) and they’re just storing it until you can get back?

EGLM & EGTN

Hi Graham,

it has been a technical issue. In flight popped the alternator field cb, I did reset it twice with no success. Due to dwindling electrical power ATC suggested to land at Oxford. The people from the airport and the maintenance shop were really kind and helpful. The airport staff handled the emergency very professionally. The maintenance shop promised to make the necessary repairs, but are ghosting me by now.

Germany

ArrowFlyer wrote:

The maintenance shop promised to make the necessary repairs, but are ghosting me by now.

Try them lunch time today? It might have been just a weekend delay…

EGTR
23 Posts
Sign in to add your message