Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Airband Radio Ham/Scam?

Im not saying this or that, but IF the whole thing is a scam, by a person unwilling to give her/his real name, no better fake than a known author on radio amateurism. And perhaps perhaps the family details given might make sense like this, too?

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Timothy wrote:

Annoyingly, the postage is more tha €1, and if I do it online the minimum payment is £3.50 so I have to go to a Post Office and the Post Office in my home town has just closed down so, one way and another, Joop is being a true pain in the posterior.

Use the opportunity and tell him that he better gets himself some Royal Mail stamps if he wants to get an answer from British pilots in the future. At least his collection is one that does not take up much space and all his heirs will have to do one day is dump his box of letters in a paper recycling bin. Much better than a collection of typewriters…

Last Edited by what_next at 30 Jan 17:21
EDDS - Stuttgart

Better still, a €5 note. Any UK pilot spotted in Euroland obviously gets opportunities to spend Euros.

I don’t see how this is a scam because no obviously useful info is being obtained. If he was getting something useful for identity theft that would be something else but in this case…? Could he be getting little bits which together could be used to construct something? Conmen are more clever than most of us and it is possible that some tiny detail, which is otherwise very hard to find out, could be used for something.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
13 Posts
Sign in to add your message