Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Cheap airplanes to buy, own and fly thread

Jujupilote wrote:

That could be a good project

Wise choice of the word project Another 40K and loads of TLC would bring this one up to speed… kind of.
What I see is vastly outdated panel, an old engine that has been flown to little, crappy interior given as 7/10 which I’d give 3/10 at most, same on the exterior. Good thing we don’t have (yet) the interior smell in these ads… just the idea, methinks gonna skip lunch

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Dan wrote:

Wise choice of the word project

I use “adventure” when discussing with my partner
I use “project” if discussing with my bank
I use “fiasco” if talking to myself

Last Edited by Ibra at 17 Feb 10:50
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

The problem is the huge gap btw the mucho dinero..SR22TNs with some anti-ice and the rest.

However, this has always been the case, so what has changed?

IMHO the only thing which has changed is psychology – CV19 has made a lot of people go slightly crazy

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

@Vref I think a NA IO-550 STC is the best value enhancer: 184 KTAS at FL120 with better take off performance.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

https://www.planecheck.com?ent=da&id=52800

Apologies not yet local copy enabled, but this is a great ad.

A C172N for EUR220K but the picture shows a brand new 206H

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Ibra wrote:

I use “adventure” when discussing with my partner
I use “project” if discussing with my bank
I use “fiasco” if talking to myself

Good one @Ibra 👍🏻🤣

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

RobertL18C wrote:

@Vref I think a NA IO-550 STC is the best value enhancer: 184 KTAS at FL120 with better take off performance.

That’s true, but during my spring, summer runs I get always worked up flying around TCU’s in central Europe starting around 11AM….being able to fly at FL0180 with +200Kts or temp higher if needed would reduce that stress and give me better tactical options in case the fan gives up also…The IO550 wouldn’t help me on that.
If TAT can assure me I wont loose take off performance with the enhanced intercooler it may be even a cheaper option for me having a mid time spare engine available…

EBST

This one might tick the boxes.

planecheck_SE_CNA_52872_pdf

A fly to fly plane, back to the future, hopping from grass field to grass field at 74 knots and 4gph. Not sure how expensive maintenance is? Can wood spars still be any good after so many years (this one had a ground loop). Hangarage is a must, obviously.

I’m asking the swedish EAA about maintenance requirements for SE-reg experimentals.

always learning
LO__, Austria

Why do you think wood spars will suffer any more problems than metal ones.
Your average wooden park bench will last hundreds of years if maintained properly. The metal frames on many would have long since corroded and collapsed even if maintained well.

France

Because I have no clue ;)
Trying to learn. Your park bench analogy makes perfect sense.

always learning
LO__, Austria
Sign in to add your message