Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Looking for a TB20

@172driver I forgot to mention that part, I drop gear and flap1 at the same time.

The TR182 I flew recently was much heavier in pitch than a TB20, with more trimming required. It was more stable in pitch too.

United Kingdom

The Partenavia P68TC also has a very strong pitch up when lowering flaps especially full flap. It needs a lot of force to get the nose down.

France

The TR182 I flew recently was much heavier in pitch than a TB20

If you can fly a TR182, trim and yoke forces can’t scare you. The yoke is pretty much useless except for tiny corrections. You fly it by trim. And yes, it has a very substantial pitch-up when you deploy full landing flaps, You just get used to it. Push forward on the yoke with one hand while trimming with the other.

LFMD, France

On our 210 I find very little pitch trim is required for flap extension if you fly the right speed: flaps extension for each stage is accompanied by yoke pushing for a few seconds the slowly released as speed decays then you go back to neutral pitch force at a slower speed with no trim change. Reading the above it seems finding that sweet spot on the TB20 should be possible.

The 177RG does require some trim change but since pitch forces are much lower it is not that critical.

Antonio
LESB, Spain
Sign in to add your message