Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Autogyros - certification, and is anyone flying them?

Also I’m not talking about hundreds of people, but short of 10 I know personally.

Still quite a few! Interesting

Last Edited by Al_Kee at 04 Feb 16:48
United Kingdom

I think the low height limit for gyros and fixed wing is the same. Flying fixed wing low to look at scenery is common, and much less expensive than gyro flying.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

much less expensive than gyro flying.

I think you’re confusing gyros with helicopters. The couple of times I’ve flown gyros they were the same price as a 172, more or less.

LFMD, France

I’m comparing gyros with private Cub, Zenith, Jodel, or my Bolkow. Much cheaper to buy and to run.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

As I see it, one great problem with the autogyro is take off. Landing is like an auto in a helicopter but the one time I was in one the take off performance seemed no better than a lot of what I’d call the strip type fixed wings that were there that day.

From Highland Aviation, Inverness, EGPE, February 2024 Newsletter:
“We have a lot planned for the coming year. As the world leader in Gyrocopter training, we have again been contracted to provide training for foreign governments (see webpage here). This year our team will be working in Africa again, but with a new government client, using the latest Autogyro Cavalon Sentinel aircraft, with the new Rotax 916 engine. We continue to be in consultation with many interested parties, who all understand the potential of these fantastic aircraft for security and commercial applications.”
https://highlandaviation.com/pages/flight-training-contracts-for-governments-and-security-services

Last Edited by Maoraigh at 03 Mar 19:58
Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom
56 Posts
Sign in to add your message