Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Jimmy‘s World

As expected, he spent more on the works than for the plane as is.

LFOU, France

Of course. And now he wants to sell it for 175k, making a nice project profit… . Even in this market in the US, I can’t believe anyone will spend nearly that much. After all, the engine hasn’t been overhauled, the interior is poor, and the avionics are also still partially very poor.

Also, if all the work had been done by a skilled mechanic, then maybe it could fetch that much. But with the work having been done by such an amateur?

Last Edited by boscomantico at 17 Aug 12:45
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

@boscomantico airplane prices are all over the place Stateside with lots of bullish talk about a sellers market

Have been tracking the Bonanzas and it is quite educational seeing prices dropping in chunks of $25k plus, clearly quite a few sellers trying it on with initially overpriced asking prices

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

I believe that’s secondary. The primary goal is to develop stories and build a profitable YouTube channel.
I think he does a good job, works hard on his plane, is funny and gives good insights.

always learning
LO__, Austria
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

He’s just taken the bait on a Mig 15.

That guy is entertaining, I have to admit. And I think apart from being a darn good showman, he also is a bloody good project manager and knows exactly what he’s doing. So do the guys who are around him “helping”.

Initially I really thought this is just another guy putting up a show here, but he recently published a video flying a Lancair 360 home, where he did show some pretty responsible flying decisions. So I think his “idiot” behaviour is very simply a showman’s act while restoring airplanes is something he does quite well.

Apart: I was stunned to see the cockpit of that Mig totally in English and with a S-TEC 30 system as AP!

Seein this, I really wish I had the doe to pursue that Morane Paris which has been for sale for ages. In the US, it would make the perfect traveller for a family of 4 I think if you have the cash to operate it. I don’t want to get @AdamFrisch into trouble but hey, the Paris is a lovely little jet.

Last Edited by Mooney_Driver at 10 Apr 20:20
LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Mooney_Driver wrote:

Seein this, I really wish I had the doe to pursue that Morane Paris which has been for sale for ages. In the US, it would make the perfect traveller for a family of 4 I think if you have the cash to operate it. I don’t want to get @AdamFrisch into trouble but hey, the Paris is a lovely little jet.

Oh, the thought was def there about 10 years ago. That and the Fouga Magister etc. But when you start looking at those pure turbojets fuel burn, you just realize that stepping into these, is the cheap part. They’ll easily burn somewhere between 200-300gal/hr, which adds up real quick. It’s much cheaper to run an old Citation 501 SP.

AdamFrisch wrote:

It’s much cheaper to run an old Citation 501

They are talking of 150 GPH at 300 kts. NO idea what the 501 uses, but it sure is faster and has a much nicer cabin. And some of those you can get for the same amounts of money I guess.

Jimmy has got a new project plane!

https://www.barrons.com/articles/elvis-presleys-former-private-jet-flies-off-the-auction-block-01673471033

I am quite happy that it was him who got the aircraft. I guess he will do his very best to put it back into some sort of order and to get it into displayable condition. Looking forward to the videos about it.

Oh yea, I wonder who does his PPI’s

Poor Jimmy.

I couldnt see where the engines are on the photo.

A little googling reveals that this tiny business jet has not 2, but 4 engines, on the tail. Fuel burn!!??

Last Edited by Buckerfan at 15 Jan 11:17
Upper Harford private strip UK, near EGBJ, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message