Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Tecnam tiny singles (P92, P96, P2002, P2004, P2008) thread

@PacoMadrid, thanks for that P96 versus P2002 info, I’ll file that away for future reference. It seems that as with Piper, the revised wing was about cosmetics as much as anything else.

It was a long time ago now, 2006 I believe, but I didn’t find the P2002 particularly dull to fly. It had a pretty good roll rate, harmonized controls and climbed well enough. It was easy to fly, it landed very slowly, and I didn’t expect it to have stellar performance given limited power. The Sabaudia ‘club’ from which I rented it actually suggested it in comparison to a (IIRC) Diamond DA20 on the basis of the Tecnam being more responsive and enjoyable to fly in comparison.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 10 Feb 16:17

Today the threw another one in the mix, the P-Mentor.

Looks kind of like a (to be?) certified Astore?

Edit: Actually, it seems that the certification is as a modification to the P-2002 JF, styled as “P2002-JF Mentor”.
https://www.tecnam.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/Maj_10078966_CERT_REV_0_20220405_signed-1.pdf

Last Edited by Dahlbeck at 13 Apr 20:26
ESSL, Sweden

Our club has 3x P2008JC and 3x C152 used for basic PPL training. The first 2x P2008JC were purchased more than 6 years ago primarily for noise reduction reasons to pacify the neighbours but also to provide a more modern aircraft to attract younger students. There were some teething problems related either to quality control or strength of certain components, but I think these were addressed by the manufacturer fairly quickly and since then I’ve not heard of any major complaints. The changes resulted in a higher MTOW. Comments are that the aircraft doesn’t have the same massive feel as the C152 but the panel and general appearance does attract younger aspirant pilots more. The C152’s are currently undergoing panel modernization to bring them in line with the Tecnam’s and C172’s. I believe the Tecnam are more popular than the 152’s but it seems that both have their adherents.

LSZK, Switzerland

Hello there,

Greetings from Sri Lanka!

I’m writing you this mail to ask for your help to get the Operating cost for a Tecnam P2002 Sierra/MK II/JF. The reason for my request is that we are planning to start a new flight training school and we thought bringing down 2-3 Tecnams will bring us many benefits in terms of business.

While researching operating costs and other related other costs, it seemed that no helpful websites or statistics were available on the internet. Therefore, it would be very helpful if you could advise me on costing breakdown so we can make a sound decision.

I am looking forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience.

Thank you in advance

Sri Lanka

Ozdapilot wrote:

Operating cost for a Tecnam P2002 Sierra/MK II/JF

A good starting point would be to contact Tecnam directly. They would be in a good position to provide you with the numbers you need. Usually, they even have deals for flight schools.

I would also suggest you create a new post rather than posting in existing non-related threads.

Last Edited by Fernando at 27 Feb 08:56
EGSU, United Kingdom

Ozdapilot wrote:

I’m writing you this mail to ask for your help to get the Operating cost for a Tecnam P2002 Sierra/MK II/JF. The reason for my request is that we are planning to start a new flight training school and we thought bringing down 2-3 Tecnams will bring us many benefits in terms of business.

Please keep in mind that some operators of Tecnams are not happy with the level of support they get from the factory. I would recommend contacting some owners and get their experience first-hand.

Fly more.
LSGY, Switzerland

@Ozdapilot posted the same thing in four different places, so I deleted three of them.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

@Peter. My aplogies for the inconvenience. Since you mentioned it… Is there any way I can find P2002 operators/owners in this group or anywhere on this forum ? Kindly adivse me. Much appreciated your help.

Sri Lanka

Since this is a P2002-specific topic, it has been moved to the P2002 thread.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
19 Posts
Sign in to add your message