Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

BO208 Junior

THANKS!

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

G-ATVX seems to be a BO208C, thus not limited to VFR day, as the BO208A. I should have looked closer into the TCDS the first time. Haven’t done it, though. https://www.easa.europa.eu/sites/default/files/dfu/EASA.A.358_Issue_3_22-06-2015_BO208.pdf

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

Thanks!
I’ve seen pics of Juniors with a landing light. Has anyone anywhere flown one, (legally) at night?

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

Very cool! Your mention of inadvertently bending the flap indicator prompts me to post a link to the spare parts list at Flugwerft Steinle, who seem to hold more parts that anybody else.

If you have the parts book you can figure out the part number for whatever you may need, to check if they have it. Ersatzteile means spare parts, Lagerliste means stock list.

Lots of old photos here

Last Edited by Silvaire at 08 Jun 13:50

Now I’m 1/4 owner of BO208 G-ATVX. After two returns due to weather on Wednesday, I flew her from North Coates to Fishburn and on to her new home hangared at EGPE Inverness on Thursday. Only problem was the radio, non-8.33, so I had to use my handheld, and was unable to contact anyone for most of the first leg. Total 3.82 tach hours.
No problems with the fitted radio once able to use it.
We’re all very happy with her. We’re fitting an 8.33. She’s on a UK LAA Permit.
Unfortunately on my first approach and landing, after turning back due to weather deterioration, I pushed the flap indicator instead of the switch, and bent it. Low cloud, mist, talking to military range control as I turned a very short final. It was a good landing however. That first flight lasted 0.28 tach hours.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

Thanks. Regarding the canopy incident, it was in IMC, so it is cleared for IFR flight?

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

It will easily go under every 172 and be slightly above a Morane-wing. I have no present data, but can get you the dimensions on satureday.

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

For getting a hangar space, if we buy, what height is the wing? It’s not in the aircraft data.
i.e. will it overhang a wing, and go under a wing, to fit in a corner at present unused?

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

Lots of aeroplanes I wouldn’t want for free, don’t feel like I’m picking on the 208 Junior!

Someone ripped off in aviation… never

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

The most recent Weiss catalog I have on hand (2011) shows MBB Junior 208 canopy transparencies priced at Euro 700 front, 798 rear… about Euro 1500 for both. The frame and latch are not complex… Somebody may have been ripped off

45 Posts
Sign in to add your message