Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Cirrus Jet (combined thread)

Whatever the math says, I love this aircraft and have fallen in love with it already. :-)

EDLE, Netherlands

Like all their products, the SF50 is yet another big win for Cirrus. All of it is perfect. The airframe, BRS chute, big touch panels, upgrade path for SR22T owners to get pressurized, 90 more ktas, 2 more seats, cabin class entry. 500 in the queue, at least half will take delivery over the next three years…. sadly they won’t be able to make enough of them to meet demand, but that’s a good problem to have for an aircraft maker….

I am glad that Cirrus have released the video in full. It was released on the “Vision Jet” website about 2 weeks ago and I thought they might edit it.

Performance information in the video is
Climbing at 2,000 fpm and 160 ktas
300 ktas at FL280
Gear deployment speed 210 ktas
First flap deployment speed 190 ktas
Full flaps deployment speed 150ktas

Overall less than one minute to go from 300ktas to 100 ktas.

While this information is comforting, by far the biggest impact of this video is the incredible wrap around windshield and the vertical viewing area. The views from the cockpit are stunning. Having sat in the Eclipse, TBM, Meridien and Pilatus, nothing else has this incredible view. I am sure it costs several knots of airspeed but for me, this is what it is all about and Cirrus have said from the start that the airplane was designed around what pilots want and I feel they have hit the nail on the head.

EGKB Biggin Hill London

I can confirm that there is a stick shaker/pusher.

The Vision will also have the same ESP (Electronic Stability Protection) as on the newer SR22’s. The system will gently overide the pilot/autopilot to avoid putting the aircraft into an unusual attitude or stall.

EGKB Biggin Hill London

It does seem to be a good tool for medium distance travel on a moments notice for the owner-pilot. It would certainly fit my own mission profile. Sadly the price tag puts it out of reach. But cool to know it’s there.

Frequent travels around Europe

Cirrus_Man wrote:

by far the biggest impact of this video is the incredible wrap around windshield and the vertical viewing area. The views from the cockpit are stunning. Having sat in the Eclipse, TBM, Meridien and Pilatus, nothing else has this incredible view.

Seems appropriate for a low flying, VFR plane

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

Michael wrote:

Seems appropriate for a low flying, VFR plane

And how you’re gonna love this big wrap around windshield after your plane has been sitting all afternoon on the ramp in Cannes and they delay your start-up by another 20 minutes (Citation pilots know what I am talking about. 60 degrees Celsius on a normal European summer day – not a hot summer day! – is typical for this kind of cockpit glazing.)

EDDS - Stuttgart

I saw this rather unconventional sunshade in Alicante earlier on in the summer. I guess makers of aftermarket sunshades will be in business! I didn’t spot any sunshades in the cockpit, or places one could wedge laminated checklists either. The glamour of jet flying…

London area

I made the same point about the windshield earlier and was shouted down. Great for low level VFR. Not so great for a high altitude jet. There isn’t much to look at up there.

EGTK Oxford

Josh wrote:

I saw this rather unconventional sunshade in Alicante earlier on in the summer.

I must remember that one for next summer We used to have these metalised plastic sunshades for keeping the heat out on the ground until a couple of years ago (helps to some degree), but they are verboten now. Allegedly they have lead to overheating of the plastic windscreens on some aircraft somewhere, so our tech stuff removed them from the entire fleet.

Josh wrote:

or places one could wedge laminated checklists either.

That Cirrus Jet probably displays the checklists on one of it’s screens I guess. Or via audio.

Josh wrote:

The glamour of jet flying…

The passengers/owners in will love it when they sit in the back of their 2 Million Euro Cirrus Jet, trying to depart St. Tropez in style, but already hyperventilating and with their 2000 Euro Gucci dresses and Armani suits soaked through…

EDDS - Stuttgart
Sign in to add your message