Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Cirrus Jet (combined thread)

Here is what Cirrus say on the website about the SAM and a photo (looks like a computer generated one to me….I am getting better at recognising these now that you guys are teaching me)

From Cirrus Website quote below
STANDBY FLIGHT DISPLAY
Double duty. A touchscreen controller designed to automatically backup the PFD during an unlikely failure, the attitude and air data sensors combine to display crucial back-up attitude information directly in front of the pilot. In addition to standby flight attitude information, airspeed, and barometric altitude are also shown on the leftmost touchscreen display.

Peter, since I copied the text from the Cirrus website, how can I put it in Italics since I think that is what you want?

EGKB Biggin Hill London

how can I put it in Italics since I think that is what you want?

See my post earlier in the thread.

Yes that above pic is CGI. Vapourware, else they would have photographed the real thing.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

achimha wrote:

Even they have completely separate small EFIS.

But it probably isn’t from a different manufacturer (I have seen for example Collins suites with Collins stand-by instruments).

Cirrus_Man wrote:

Here is what Cirrus say on the website about the SAM

Where you got there is a Mid-Continent unit integrated? And when you copy such materials, it wouldn’t hurt to provide a link. I would say a link alone is better than copy & paste unless it’s hard to find the information there.

achimha wrote:

PS: Here’s the cockpit of the Airbus A350. Even they have completely separate small EFIS.

Hey, did you see the HUD in the P1 position. Have not seen that before….pretty cool.

I flew the A320 Sim in Singapore and shot a few approaches which was stressful but fun. (Only crashed once) Amazing how similar it is to doing an approach in the Cirrus.

EGKB Biggin Hill London

Cirrus_Man wrote:

Hey, did you see the HUD in the P1 position. Have not seen that before….pretty cool.

Big business jets had that for quite some time (some have one even for the co-pilot, if you pay for it ).

Martin wrote:

Where you got there is a Mid-Continent unit integrated? And when you copy such materials, it wouldn’t hurt to provide a link. I would say a link alone is better than copy & paste unless it’s hard to find the information there.

Cirrus technical have confirmed the backup is MD302.

I posted the picture and info as ACHIMA did not look at the link I posted so the picture showed the landscape vs portrait orientation. But yes, I will post links.

(but damn, doesn’t that Cirrus cockpit look bloody good….I have an ear to ear grin every time I get into that dream machine and power up those avionics)…sorry off topic

EGKB Biggin Hill London

Cirrus_Man wrote:

Cirrus technical have confirmed the backup is MD302.

SR22 has an MD302. But you wrote about integration into Garmin’s Touch Controller. That won’t be an MD302 anymore.

How many positions will have been sold by the time the aircraft is certified (or abandoned) and at what average price, roughly?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Cirrus_Man wrote:

I posted the picture and info as ACHIMA did not look at the link I posted so the picture showed the landscape vs portrait orientation. But yes, I will post links.

I’ve known the instrument for years and I never talked about landscape vs portrait, I said “vertical” installation. The touch screens looked like they were not be in the vertical plane.

Anyway, this setup would by far not meet my requirements for reasonable redundancy. They should stick in this Mid Continent display somewhere, just like they do on the SR22.

Martin wrote:

Big business jets had that for quite some time (some have one even for the co-pilot, if you pay for it ).

Yes, I knew that the big Gulfstreams etc had the HUD but not Airbus or Boeing. There is an amazing animation you can watch if you download P1 magasine for your ipad. I think it is the Honeywell system. (No, I dont work for P1 or Honeywell)

EGKB Biggin Hill London
Sign in to add your message