Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Why has the SR22 been such a success?

Michael:

let’s just leave it at that. But i think it’s the MARKET’s opinion.

At the end of the day, the market of active pilots speaks the loudest and it has firmly decided that the Cirrus is the best touring airplane SEP in the world for now.

Best seller for 14 years in a row. We can argue all day about “is it the best” but the market has already answered this question.

As a Cirrus driver, I can only say that it is a very emotional airplane for me and one that makes me feel “absolutely confident and safe” every time I fly.

I love the looks and the “Lamborghini style” doors. The new paint schemes are very cool. All in all I think it is a very beautiful and functional machine and it is THAT combination that creates the emotion.

Regarding diesel engines, EPS are working on a 380HP and have began tests on the Cirrus. If this works out, we could be looking at very fast cruising speeds and a cheap fuel burn and Cirrus will do very well in Europe.

EGKB Biggin Hill London

Best seller for 14 years in a row

That could be simply because everybody else packed up, actually or de facto (Socata, Mooney, etc), got buggered by some external factor (Diamond; arguably they would have seen that one coming long before it happened, due to their very close relationship with Thielert) or were completely hopelessly trying to flog 1950s designs (Cessna, Piper, Mooney, etc)

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter, yes :-)

But what is the information in what you are saying? That the more modern design sells better?

Last Edited by Flyer59 at 15 Oct 11:02

Cirrus_Man wrote:

At the end of the day, the market of active pilots speaks the loudest and it has firmly decided that the Cirrus is the best touring airplane SEP in the world for now.

That’s categorically wrong. The market has decided that an RV is the best touring SEP by far. Then all the experimental “glass” aircraft (lancair, cozy, Glasair etc).

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Like this?

* my first item
* my first item

Edit: too little, too late…

Last Edited by Aviathor at 15 Oct 11:15
LFPT, LFPN

LeSving wrote:

The market has decided that an RV is the best touring SEP by far.

What amazes me is, that the RV is a totally conventional design and has that sucess in spite of that. The Experimental Scene does not seem to care that much about a modern airframe (and a chute) in total contrast to the market for certified aircraft.

EDLE

Flyer59 wrote:

Repeating it constantly doesn’t make it more convincing.

Repeating the same rant about the Cirrus does not make it more convincing either. Just tiresome.

LFPT, LFPN

Well, look at the title of the thread :-)
But if it bores you so much, why do you read it?

There were a few good posts like the first one by Fuji_abound that kept me interested… But when it comes down to a “my airplane is best” contest for the umpteen time, it means the subject matter has been beaten to death.

So yes, I’ve now seen enough.

Edited a couple of typos.

Last Edited by Aviathor at 15 Oct 11:38
LFPT, LFPN
Sign in to add your message