Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

deHavilland Dove

Oh, I did not know that Carlos owns that airplane. Apparently he still does, it is for sale under his label.

http://www.aircraft24.de/multiprop/dehavilland/dove-d-h-104-7xc-dove-oldtimer-1963—xi100133.htm

Wonderful airplane. Unfortunately very expensive to run I expect.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland
No, he’s just trying to sell it for the owner.

At least it is still flying or at least airworthy!

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

The ad says that the annual was due in 2010. But I think he told me it’s still in good condition.

Well the mayfair dove currently runs out at around £800 an hour they say (see my earlier link) with two pilots. Given that shes been going a while i am guessing that is a realistic rate, even if the pilots fly more for love than the money!

I remember that in the mid 1990ies I had a longish phone conversation with him (I had a share in an air taxi company then) where he tried to sell us the airplane or at least establish some kind of co-operation for selling oldtimer charter flights. We tried that for a while but could raise zero interest among our customers… Had it been a DC3 or Ju52 it might have been different, but nobody ever heard of a Dove before.

BTW: For people interested in aviation adventure literaure, Gavin Lyall’s “Shooting Script” features a Dove as one of it’s protagonists. It might be out of print though, as most of Lyall’s books (unfortunately) are.

Last Edited by what_next at 21 Oct 09:22
EDDS - Stuttgart
16 Posts
Sign in to add your message