Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

N200SR, the very first Cirrus SR20

@Flyer59, I wouldn’t call it kinematics, it’s rather the lack thereof, but yes, it’s a castering nosewheel of similar design. It will indeed be interesting to see the newest incarnation of Tiger in production (although the current TC owner has promised to resume production, too).

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

@Ultranomad
Isn’t the nosegear kinematics very similar? Can’t recall … Are you interested in seeing the last Tiger production line in Martinsburg, WV.? I made some pictures there.

301 last year (31 SR20, 128 SR22, 142 SR22T)

That’s about a third of all worldwide SEP production.

http://www.gama.aero/files/2015ShipmentReport-03212016.pdf

lovely photos

How many a year are they producing these days?

Alexis, thanks a lot for the photos! Now that you have shown the SR20 from different angles and at different stages of assembly, I do indeed see the Grumman Tiger heritage you mentioned at Rakovnik.

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

Peter wrote:

I nearly bought an SR20 in 2001.

The world of GA would’ve looked much different it this had happened

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Thanks for the very informative posts, Flyer59.

I nearly bought an SR20 in 2001.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Thank you Finners. I thought that this might interest some of you. And I have many more (actually about 150.000 pictures I have on my RAID :-)

Here’s SR22 G1 “N701CD” in Flight after it was brought to Europe. Pictures were made in Groningen, over the Eelde airport in Holland. at the controls Bill Middendorp, the CEO of Cirrus Europe back then. Today the company is run by his son Steven.

This one was selected as the cover shot of the magazine and it was later used by Cirrus too.

Bill Middendorp let my fly N701CD for two hours and after we landed he offered that I take it to some island in the North Sea solo. But somehow I didn’t dare too. I was pretty impressed by the performance I guess and I was not sure if I was already good enough after a coupole of landings to fly it safely.

Last Edited by Flyer59 at 17 Jul 10:50

Time flies. Literally.

EBST, Belgium

An absolutely fascinating post – thank you for sharing it and the pictures. The history and anecdotes from the photo shoot are absorbing. Interesting to note the changes that were made for the production aircraft – all the basics are there but considerable refinements were still to come. Shocker: three levers!
I agree that this was a milestone for GA.

EGTT, The London FIR
12 Posts
Sign in to add your message