Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

149 hrs in 17 years... G-TBGT / N36GT TB20

An SR22 in a good condition is way more than even this TB20, and the wx capability is similar (comparing no-TKS for no-TKS, no-turbo for no-turbo).

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The market for capable IFR tourers does seem very strong, I wonder if Cirrus is dragging up the market? Creating a pool of better heeled pilots willing to consider alternatives to Cirrus?

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Yes; the current owner flew it a lot more than the previous. But still very little for a TB20. It’s a very capable IFR aircraft. Not in the same league as say a Jetprop (FL270) but capable of UK to Dubrovnik, etc. For 30hrs/year, you can clock that up going from Blackbushe to Sandown for a greasy burger on some sunny Sundays, in one of these

I have a reason to believe that it should be in a good condition, but equally it is priced at the very top!

Administrator
G-TBGT is back for sale, this time as N36GT and for $325k.
Done only 295hrs since new! 13 hrs/year…

Half of it in the last 5 years, though. Which is 35-40 hours/year. I don’t know the average yearly hours flown by pilot owners, but it should be in the same ball park I think. I personally struggle reaching that amount with my workload, family duties, bad weather, etc.

Last Edited by etn at 20 Oct 12:57
etn
EDQN, Germany

I know the seller, sort of personally, and it is widely known that he spent “unlimited money” on everything. He also had/has a TBM.

The price inflation on these planes is utterly amazing. For many years, I would have got £150k for mine, and it has full TKS which is a rarity; basically impossible to install now, and was quoted at some €60k. The rest of the avionics difference is worth about 50k, and arguably not needed for European flying, VFR or IFR.

Administrator

No money was spared but it lacks lot of love (flying)

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

It seems like quite a bit of money was poured into paint, avionics, a scimitar prop. Interesting that the engine hasn’t had a top or full overhaul.

EGTF, LFTF

G-TBGT is back for sale, this time as N36GT and for $325k.

Done only 295hrs since new! 13 hrs/year…

2027_pdf

Administrator

I posted that because the thread was referenced in another thread yesterday

Administrator

Holy thread resurrection Batman!

Forever learning
EGTB
55 Posts
Sign in to add your message