Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

SR22 - good to know besides the books/manuals

What is your list of things good to know about the Cirrus SR22 that are not mentioned in the manuals?

always learning
LO__, Austria

A lot depends on the year/serial number. Studying NTSB accidents reports suggests speed control and rudder use is important on landing. Moving from 0-310hp requires correct application of right rudder. Earlier electronics are a weakness, the aircraft evolution fixes many of the past problems (i.e. doors, landing lights, SIU, etc) so the higher the serial number, the less likely the problem.

Thanks.
It is a 2006 SR22 GTS (Construction Number 2020)

always learning
LO__, Austria

Keep a couple of spare flap/trim motor relays on board.

Easy….join COPA…the Cirrus Owners and Pilots Assiocation. For 65 USD/yr you will get A LOT. Quite entertaining as well… The forum is lively to say the least and EVERYTHING seems to be on the site (behind login, as a guest there is practically nothing)

ESOW, Sweden

I would also highly recommend COPA as a fantastic source of information on type. One of the member benefits is with Jeppesen, who offer COPA members “15 months for the price 12” on NAV/CHARTS subscriptions. This has saved me £450 over the last 2 years, so well worth the $65.

EGBE (COVENTRY, UK)

COPA has an interesting mod policy on personal attacks carried out by their favourite children

Best to stick to simple tech questions.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Take the POH electrical diagram, and draw it out in a more sensible fashion. Really understand what feeds what when. It is not very intuitive, and you don’t want to try figure it out in the air. Put your diagram in the checklist. Of course transition training will cover the electrical system, but by the time you need it you will have forgotten.

Biggin Hill

2006 will be a G2 with less prop clearance and earlier nose wheel suspension system where the bounces get bigger, any sniff of a landing bounce means go around immediately.

Thanks and keep it coming please!

always learning
LO__, Austria
29 Posts
Sign in to add your message