Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Cirri desire...

It’s funny – I really respect the Cirrus company and their product, their sales tactics, their product development – everything about them. I have to tip hat for not only changing aviation, but singlehandedly bringing new pilots into it. They’ve done a tremendous job of capturing the imagination of new pilots and buyers, changing the game.

But their product arouses zero desire in me. Not the SR22, not the SF50. I don’t undertand why I’m so immune to their charms? Why can’t I get excited bout Cirri?

Last Edited by AdamFrisch at 18 May 07:42

AdamFrisch wrote:

Why can’t I get excited bout Cirri?

Obviously because you altready own a much better airplane

EDLE

@europaxs

You’re right, but I don’t want to gloat!

Okay you asked for it…. They all look the same, take a Cirrus fly-in or any other tin can, wood fly-in, which one would be the most entertaining ? It’s like a smart phone it’s flat, slick and has a screen. Only the speed and gadgets are different. Would I buy one if I could, maybe, but it would be without passion and a marriage de reason :-)? It would be a functional decision I think. I am still amazed what my 51 year old girl can do to me :-). She is not as slick and has some light scars left and right and she has her temper, but , I feel like a king when my old princess rolls and roars down the runway and lifts from earth, the screeching electric sound of gear coming up and feeling it locked in the wheel wells, she steady climbs WOT. Not sure I would feel the same with a Cirri staring at the screens? Ugh where is my gear-up handle….Would love to hear a passionate Cirrus flyers opinion, not on Cirris functionality..but the vibes its generate…?

Last Edited by Vref at 18 May 09:46
EBST

Well, it is the most successful GA aircraft for a generation so must be doing something right. They are well supported and practical touring machines.

Sometimes emotion is not the best reason for buying an aircraft but I guess it depends on your personality. I prefer to have an aircraft that fulfills my needs and I enjoy flying.

EGTK Oxford

The parachute, modern avionics, comfortable cabin, simple systems, dedicated training and high cruise speed – perhaps without the romance of a Beech Staggerwing or Cessna 195 – but a winning combination. The owners seem very loyal.

Tecnam, Diamond, CubCrafters, Aviat and Legend Cub arguably have also been successful new manufacturers (1,000+ in service, although not sure if Legend Cub gets there).

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

One interesting aspect of Cirruses is the number of people who buy new ones every 1 or 2 years. It’s not obvious why, on features, but many people do the same with cars. I know one guy who buys every 2 years and my guess is that his depreciation costs are c. £100k a year.

The first Cirrus Jet owner got through c. eight SR22s in 8 years – it is in the Cirrus Jet thread.

It could be that we don’t see this on other types simply because there are not many types still available new. But I don’t recall anyone doing this with a DA40 or DA42.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I never was attracted by the SR series but I have to say I am intrigued by the Jet. I sat inside it at FHA and thought how it would change my flying. Comfortable pressurized cabin, flying mostly above the weather and 100 kts faster in the speed really rises a ‘want’ factor.

Looking at it not from the Jet perspective but from that of a Sep pilot, the SF50 really makes a very large temptation.

Even though I can get almost the same thing from a Mooney Acclaim in terms of speed and altitude as well as FIKI, it’s simply a different league.

We don’t have to warm up the other stuff Cirrus have done right.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

AdamFrisch wrote:

I don’t undertand why I’m so immune to their charms? Why can’t I get excited bout Cirri?

Because you’re an aviator and see different things in an aircraft, compared to the Cirrus target group. Affects me the same way. Cirrus is all about new, about creature comfort, about a BMW 5* with wings. Comforting, clean, sterile, slick. Nothing to long for, if you are an aviator. Then you seek character, performance, excitement, ramp appeal. Cirrus has nil of that.

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

mh wrote:

Because you’re an aviator and see different things in an aircraft, compared to the Cirrus target group. Affects me the same way. Cirrus is all about new, about creature comfort, about a BMW 5* with wings. Comforting, clean, sterile, slick. Nothing to long for, if you are an aviator. Then you seek character, performance, excitement, ramp appeal. Cirrus has nil of that.

I think this is an unfortunate way to characterise things. “Aviator”? Really?

And why just Cirrus? Diamonds any better? PA46s? TBMs? Tecnams?

EGTK Oxford
16 Posts
Sign in to add your message