Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Airports in Czech Republic for a short weekend trip

Hey everyone,
planning a 2 days trip in Czech Republic,
and looking for airports which are walk distance to city (or there is a taxi to the city) or just beautiful airports where I can drink a cup of coffee.

Thinking about LKMB, are there any other recommended airfield to visit ?

Thx everyone

LKLT, Israel

LKMB Mlada Boleslav is not an airport, it’s just a club airfield with a small museum on site.
“Beautiful airports where I can drink a cup of coffee” – very few of these. Most club airfields are almost deserted during the week and only show signs of active life on weekends, and you may have to walk to town/village to have a cup of coffee.

Last Edited by Ultranomad at 17 Feb 17:52
LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

LKJH is a nice airfield and it is short walk to the town. Just ask the guy on the tower about the small path threw the forest. The town with the old castle is worth a visit.
If you have foldable bikes with you, there are much more destinations which can be recommended.

EDDS , Germany

I thought LKKV (the airport) and Karlovy Vary (the city) were pretty scenic when I was there. Apparently they have a “fly and visit” package including landing, parking, handling and taxi to the city as an all-in concept which I didn’t do (I was there for BIR training) but I think it’s a neat idea.

EBGB EBKT, Belgium

I can recommend highly Prague. Lots of options and choice and a fair few airports that you can use.

I have personally Prague Airport – pricy but welcoming for VFR/IFR using Czech Airlines handling.

Qualified PPL with IR SP/SE PBN
EGSG, United Kingdom

Cirrus Pilots association is doing their European conference in Karlovy Vary this year.

Never been there but judging by the photos, it look quite beautiful.

EGSU, United Kingdom

Yes; CZ has a number of nice cities. Prague of course being the best known, and LKPR functions perfectly like an airport should (at a price), and KV is very pretty too.

I’d like to visit Prague again. Have not been since 2015 when we had a very nice meetup there.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I visited Brno few times and it’s really nice city, although I never landed to LKTB. We have only one report in our database.

Last Edited by Emir at 18 Feb 19:14
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Some years ago I landed at LKTB a number of times, both IFR and VFR, and back then it had a lot of training traffic from C150 up to B737, which was fine in the air, but caused long waits for taxi clearance. Don’t know if it’s still so, though. Otherwise a regular small European airport with a short public transport ride to the city. Actually, the person to ask is @Michal.

Last Edited by Ultranomad at 18 Feb 19:55
LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

Been to LKKV a couple of years ago and it is very nice, can’t go wrong there.

EHTE, Netherlands
12 Posts
Sign in to add your message