Banner
Welcome to our forums

Another trip to Cherbourg (LFRC)

Jujupilote wrote:

The Mercure is really good

+1 for that

jgmusic
North Weald, United Kingdom

Just an update about Cherbourg we just visited by car. The Mercure is really good, and well located near the center and the Cité de la Mer.
We visited the umbralla workshop. One of their superb umbrellas will cost you about a flight hour
The city centre itself is nothing particular for french standards. The Basilica is very nice inside though.
The museum is great, they say it takes 5 hours to see everything and I agree. Its restaurant is really good value for money, do not hesitate to use it (unlike many museum cafes).

Until Sep 20, a free shuttle works between the center and the Cite de la Mer, every 15 mins. Very convenient, especially when it rains (which happens sometimes in Cherbourg ).

LFOU, France

Peter wrote:

We need a thread on taking babies flying

We do – hold that thought…

jgmusic

No, any credit card or visa debit will work. It does require a lot of patience though! You have to type in your life story and even then it may decide to make you start again. Then it delivers fuel at a painfully slow flow rate.

EIMH, Ireland

The submarine museum is outstanding. There is a complete French nuclear missile submarine which you can go inside. The reactor section was cut out and taken away but the rest is there.

Best to not go to Cherbourg on a Sunday however; we always found it mostly shut.

Whether the police turn up or not is random, but if they are there, it is pretty essential that you send in the email the previous day. I didn’t do it last time and got a lot of frowns but they let me through.

We need a thread on taking babies flying

The self service fuel needs the TOTAL card, presumably??

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

There is a very good Aquarium there – worth a visit

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

I’ve only ever used Cherbourg for super speedy Schengen stops and the self service fuel, so it’s interesting seeing it as a destination. That’s one happy child on the carousel

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

Looks like you have a great setup there

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
It‘s not so much about the equipment. It‘s about the skill and, even more so, the effort one puts into the photos.
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

boscomantico wrote:

Too many trip reports with poor quality photos these says…

Thanks. Just an iPhone XS

jgmusic
13 Posts
Sign in to add your message