Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Anybody in EHGG (May 2017)

Flew to EHGG, Eelde, for my Annual. Will stay til Wednesday. Anybody in the area who wants to meet? I have a car.

My complete annual on my SR22-G2 including avionics, the change of the prop governor and two SBs, cleaning, washing, waxing, refueling the airplane and all paperwork was done in 1.5 days.

Every item in the MM was done carefully, for example the whole Nose Landing Gear was taken apart, cleaned, some corroded washers etc. replaced.

Started yesterday at 8 am, ready now.

4-5 guys worked on it, and the cost (without the two non-mandatory SBs) was € 2950.

Not bad. I was just under an hour drive away from you (in EDWF) but got my hands full with our kids. Eelde is where our club also sends our SR 20 for maintenance. We even have some Dutch members who live there but prefer being part of a German flying club too for various reasons.

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany

Okay, maybe see you here, or in Leer, next time. Flying home tomorrow, will probably come back in October to get new “line cutters” (parts of the CAPS system). Some pics of the annual …

Last Edited by at 30 May 20:43

This is really inexpensive !!
Governor overhaul alone was around 1800€ as far as I remind (Lyco IO540)

They seem to be very well equipped !!

The overhauled new governor comes on top of that, and also two SBs for around € 1000 … so not exactly cheap, but fair.

Yes, they are really well equipped and they work very systematic. Otherwise they could not do the whole annual in such a short time.

€2950 and a few days is an OK price for a standard SEP Annual, with

• zero remedial work
  • all service parts are in stock

Here in the UK the job would be quoted at about £2500.

Plus VAT of course.

It’s about 30 man-hours, plus the “CAMO” paperwork process which can be automated for a regular customer.

The Annual is mostly an inspection, changing oil, cleaning plugs, etc. The price is supposed to include a retractable landing gear but in reality no UK company I have ever heard of does the landing gear fully for that money.

In many cases the outcome is very different because

• remedial work is needed
  • parts are not there when needed
  • other reasons discussed many times e.g. here
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

It was more than that, around 45 hours

- Service Air Condition
- Check and service TKS, change filter
- Dismantle complete nose landing gear, inspect for corrosion, install new thrust washers (annually)
- borescope
- check BRS ignition system

8 Posts
Sign in to add your message