Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Salamanca 2014

Following on from this thread, I am intending to go down to Salamanca LESA sometime in November.

It will be at very short notice when the wx is good – at this time of the year it will have to be a nice high pressure area.

Anybody interested in meeting up – please email me (or post here) and then I can get back to you if/when I am going.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Currently, due to staff absence at work, it will be mid-November onwards, with the 15/16th the earliest possible.

Administrator

Peter, just keep posting your intentions here. I may have to go to Spain for work during this period, commitments/wx/ac availability permitting that could work!

In case anybody is willing to make a detour via EHGG I would gladly come along
Willing to provide some cut apples (peeled if requested), sandwiches and a little avgas.

EDAV, Germany

The temperature there is interesting

LESA 230700Z 00000KT CAVOK 03/03 Q1028
LESA 231300Z 00000KT CAVOK 23/M01 Q1026

Better bring socks for the sandals

It reminds me of Arizona, Feb 2006, where I did the FAA IR.

Administrator

Hi Peter, a great city to visit: Shell palace, the incredible market square and the battle at the Arapiles. Great history
regards
detlev

EDHE

Wasn’t there some famous episode in the Spanish Civil War, too? Irish Corps and likely a lot of Irish corpses? The country around is said to be very rural and very catholic, that should appeal to some Irish. Slightly off-topic, though.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Irish Corps and likely a lot of Irish corpses

That shows an excellent grip on the English language

I am going to go on the first three-day sequence of nice weather, starting with the 15-17 Nov one. That one is a weekend.

In CAVOK conditions, non-summer so not too hot, the inland parts of Spain are spectacular. I recall going to Zaragoza one November…

Administrator

I’d be up for this – but can really only manage if its over a weekend.

EGEO

I may be able to do it within the 30 Oct – 2 Nov timeslot instead (2 weeks earlier than above) instead.

The weather looks really great for those dates.

I hope LESA still has Customs (for a direct flight from/to the UK) – they did last time I looked and it wasn’t PNR either, but subsequent comms (a phone call by a Spanish speaker) suggested they like to have email notice, and Customs might be a hassle.

Administrator
56 Posts
Sign in to add your message