Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Avgas Price in the Balkans

Hey guys, i’m not actually a pilot. I am simply here because my director wants me to find out the price of avgas 100ll in the Balkans (so Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia, Romania, Bulgaria, Macedonia and Greece) and it’s not really easy to access such information. I found a few websites here and there such as airshampoo.de but I would really really really appreciate any information on what prices have been in the post 2018 period, particularly in Bosnia, Romania and Bulgaria.

Serbia

Bosnia – practically no avgas except some small quantities available at aeroclubs at their fields (in case they don’t use Mogas).
Croatia – widely available (practically at all airports) – current price €1.80. It used to be higher in previous years, going up to €2.30.
Slovenia – same as Croatia and the prices are similar, following the same pattern.
Serbia – available at Belgrade LYBE and probably the cheapest in Europe – current price is something around €1.10 (or even lower).
Macedonia – available at Skopje LWSK and the price follows the same pattern as elsewhere but it’s much cheaper than in Croatia – current price is €1.30.
Greece – expensive (around €3 but it might be cheaper these days – usually a bit cheaper on mainland and much more expensive on the islands) and not widely available – you can find this info using Search “Greece” on this site.

I found this site containing some info but I don’t know how accurate it is and how frequently it’s updated.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Thanks for the information. Any guess as to how much Bosnian aeroclubs would charge for using avgas? And i’m also assuming VAT falls into the initial sales prices?

Serbia

NemAvgas wrote:

Any guess as to how much Bosnian aeroclubs would charge for using avgas?

No idea. I’m not sure if this can legally be done at all.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Any estimate about the Bosnian avgas price? Would you assume its selling at a discount/premium to Croatia/Slovenia/Serbia etc.?

Serbia

Why is AVGAS in Romania so expensive (relative to other countries in the region), particularly in relation to Serbia?

Last Edited by NemAvgas at 04 Feb 11:44
Serbia

Avgas costs change significantly for many reasons.
1. Taxes differ significantly between countries
2. If there are few suppliers, it means little competition and can move prices up
3. If there is little demand, then prices go up to ensure it’s worth the vendors while to supply.
4. If there is little turnover in stock, prices can vary significantly depending on when the last resupply was. (Price can vary significantly between supplies, and you’ll need to charge enough to cover your cost, which might be different to the cost of someone who restocked at a different time).

EuroGA is a wonderful resource. But is this really what your director wanted? He asked you two days ago for the cost. Do they really want an answer a few days later, which is a best estimate based on history, done from memory of an anonymous forum user on the internet? (No offence to Emir who is usual spot on, but neither you nor your director know that.)

Why don’t you just make a list of the airports and call them all? There won’t be that many. You’ll have 100% accurate answers in a morning’s work, and have a audit trail of who you spoke to and if it included VAT/duty etc, so you’re fully able to answer any questions your director has.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

It’s a report due by the end of the month, so I have time. I just figured since it’s hard to come by avgas information online, and most of these aeroclubs/airports literally don’t pick up the phone, I figured i’d combine information from here (which I would consider a legit source, provided the information is based on recent years. I don’t see an incentive to lie about the price, it’s a pretty niche audience) and other websites, like airshampoo.de and av-fuel.com.

Serbia
8 Posts
Sign in to add your message