Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Best value passenger headset?

Now I have a new plane, it’s about time to replace my two 20 year old Lightspeed Cross Country pax headsets that don’t work very well any more.

Any recommendations? I want something inexpensive but of reasonable quality – so not Bose. The Skycom from Aircraft Spruce is €349 (or a lot less if you buy in the US), it has mixed reviews along the lines of “not bad for pax and for the price, but I wouldn’t use it myself”.

LFMD, France

I am used to give pax my A20 and use a spare passive David Clark for 1h bimbles in good weather, my impression getting them ANR is good as they are not used to so much aircraft noise while I am happy to fly without headsets…for IFR in busy airspace, I want to have the one with ANR, the pax can get 3M ear mufflers

For regular POB, getting ANR is a must I would say

Last Edited by Ibra at 11 Feb 13:45
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

My suggestion would be to get some Bose QC35/45 and attachable microphone, eg.

https://aviation.leosounds.de/Shop/en/product_info.php?info=p4_avmike-1-3-for-pilots.html

They‘re light, have rechargable batteries, and double as ANR headphones for airline trips.

Get the light gooseneck version of the microphone, totally fine if you don‘t do aerobatics.

The noise cancelling is slightly less than the A20 but still excellent. A friend of mine actually prefers his QC25 + mike over the A20 because it‘s so light and doesn‘t clamp.

mri
LFSB, LFGA, Switzerland

I have these for my passengers:

Rugger Air RA200 General Aviation Pilot Headset w/ MP3 Music Input A20 X GA Plug

I find them extremely good value for being cheap and quite good audio quality. Unfortunately I got these from the US and never found one in Europe in the similar price range.

EDMB, Germany

+1 for (Leosounds + Sony QC) – using it as a primary headset, all good.

EGTR

Get a couple of used Bose X on eBay.

Bose QC25 + AVEE.

always learning
LO__, Austria

My suggestion would be to get some Bose QC35/45 and attachable microphone, eg.

https://aviation.leosounds.de/Shop/en/product_info.php?info=p4_avmike-1-3-for-pilots.html

They‘re light, have rechargable batteries, and double as ANR headphones for airline trips.

Get the light gooseneck version of the microphone, totally fine if you don‘t do aerobatics.

Using three QC35+Leosound light gooseneck sets. Still happy with them after 5years.

Prague
Czech Republic

This is relevant.

These conversions are not as cheap as you might expect (they cost barely a few $ to make) but they can be very good. As I describe in there, my QC25+conversion is really good and Justine prefers it to a Bose A20. Much less “head clamp” too.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

We have the original and the LeoSounds solution. The LeoSounds is great value fo rmoney. But there are a few limitations regarding the Bluetooth. For Bluetooth reception the little audio cable has to be unplugged so no more intercom hearing when using the Bluetooth while the A20 can handle both at the same time. Further the micorphone on the LeoSounds solution is not integrated with the Bluetooth so it can not be used as a headset for making satellite phone calls or similar. It is hearing only. Besides that a great solution.
My wish would be a completely wireless solution for children. With our 2 little ones it is a constant battle to keep them from ripping out the connectors, making a big cable knot etc. while they move all over the cabin.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ
24 Posts
Sign in to add your message