Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Bid Range when buying SEPs

Hi,

What range of bids are being received / sent for post 2000 SEPs this year and at what levels are deals getting done vs asking prices? [general question]

Ignoring asking prices that aren’t real of course…

Raindeer

How long is a piece of string?

EGTK Oxford

Raindeer wrote:

Ignoring asking prices that aren’t real of course…

Can I ask what does that mean? Your question is virtually impossible to answer. So many variables and scenarios, all of which will affect the price of an item for sale.

Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

BeechBaby,

I think some listings on PlaneCheck have wild prices – those planes I gather are not really for sale. I’ve noticed a lot of planes reduce pricing every few months and I guess those are the ones the vendor actually wants to sell.

From speaking with friends, they are suggesting that aircraft typically sell for circa. 15%+ off and the list price is rare to achieve. What are other pilots seeing?

Raindeer

Yes; some planes are priced to not sell – example (that one was down to 170k, last time I heard).

I reckon the % discount off the selling price will be very type dependent. Common types, and aircraft in poor condition, will be discounted more.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I recently sold an SEP, I priced it realistically and got a bid approximately 7 % below asking price in 3 days. The broker declined that and negotiated on my behalf with that bidder. I sold it a couple of days after that at a price which was around 5% below asking price.

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

One thing I heard, years ago, is that the practice of making very low offers (generally regarded as despicable ) does work – because some % of sellers are desperate for a quick sale due to some personal reason. It’s like walking up to every girl in a disco (you can tell how old this statistic is) and saying “do you or don’t you” and the success rate is reportedly about 10%.

And you won’t expect those sellers to advertise the offer they accepted

Administrator

Yep Peter it’s an old one, but really as good as 10%, lol

EGBJ, EGBP, EGTW, EGVN, EGBS

Jude098 wrote:

Yep Peter it’s an old one, but really as good as 10%, lol

Don’t worry Jude, Peter clearly has some women issues…:)

EGTK Oxford

No women issues here

I do wonder what the reason was for the original question. Is the OP buying a plane? The answer must be hugely scenario dependent.

Administrator
12 Posts
Sign in to add your message