Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Brac LDSB in the winter?

I totally agree. The tourist places in the Med are mostly dull in winter. One has to go to places which have “a life of its own”, i.e. the cities, usually. Nice and Cannes are good examples.

And yes, good weather is far from garanteed.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Sorry, but MALAGA is a place I couldn’t stand in the HEAT :-))

I think it depends. In Split, or in Hvar you have a good chance of many nice days in the winter … and on Crete … i think it was over 20 degrees some days ago!

EGKK 241420Z 23011KT 9999 FEW042 07/04 Q0981
LDPL 241430Z 19004KT 080V260 CAVOK 13/07 Q1020 NOSIG (=Mali Losinj)
LDSP 241430Z VRB03KT CAVOK 13/07 Q1022 NOSIG (=Brac)

Sure you don’t want to be in any of these places when it’s raining, but that’s the case anyway – nobody wants to go anywhere when the weather is bad…

I quite fancy doing a trip down there, maybe Feb…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Sorry, but MALAGA is a place I couldn’t stand in the HEAT :-))

Each to his own! Btw, I like Malaga city, but cannot stand the Costa de Sol (Marbella, etc); very different places.

@ Peter: 13 degs in London are one thing, in the south w/o heating they are quite another…. anyway, hope you’ll have a good trip!

Sorry, I know NOTHING about Malaga City! I just spent a week flying at the Malaga Airport and stayed at a hotel at the beach and was wondering all the time why anybody would spend their VACATION there.

and stayed at a hotel at the beach and was wondering all the time why anybody would spend their VACATION there.

In all the years I spent there, this is something I never, ever, managed to understand either.

Btw, who did you fly with? Aerodynamics?

Huge numbers of people go to these package holiday places because they have small children, whose (modern generation) attention span is that of an ant, who get BORED (the most scary word, if you are a parent) in 5 minutes, and these places offer the parents a bit of a respite from having the kids running around the house (most people live in small houses, with no countryside nearby) and trashing it, often just trying to get attention.

Small children get bored even in what we call scenic places. Take a 5 year old to Yosemite, Grand Canyon, or anywhere of that calibre, and it’s wasted on them.

If you don’t have children, this is hard to understand

There are various solutions to making parenting easier but they mostly need generous amounts of money, directly or indirectly. Even just living in/near the countryside, where kids have space to run around, needs about double the income (here in the UK). Most parents are in denial on this which feeds the huge business publishing books on “correct parenting”…

There goes my €1.00 parenting technology lesson

Then of course you have the 18-30 club “guaranteed shag or money back” holidays which sure as hell don’t go to Losinj or Brac

Last Edited by Peter at 24 Dec 17:36
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I travelled anywhere with my kids from 0 and they have not seen one ugly place like that. All they need is beach, nice water, waves … and they are never bored. But i took them to New Orleans too, or to Texas, and to India (that was the most exciting for them) and it was always fun. They have no problem driving for ten hours, or flying around the world …

I was there (Malaga) with the Aeroclub de Bahia, and i flew their C-172RG through Morocco.

I was there (Malaga) with the Aeroclub de Bahia, and i flew their C-172RG through Morocco.

Must have been a while ago, they changed their name to Aerodynamics when they started operating the FTO (now ATO). And you then also flew one of ‘my’ airplanes ;-)

Ha, interesting! Those were nice people there, and the flight through Morocco was fantastic. Have to do that again … but then I’ll fly down with the Cirrus. I have many pictures of those planes, if it interests you at all.

Sign in to add your message