Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Caen LFRK

Can I put a hand up for Caen. I thought it is an excellent airport with very good facilities and very friendly, with Customs a bonus. There is a regular bus into the city and good taxi services neither of which are expensive. The landing fee is a bargain. The city is very interesting and there are some truly excellent resteraunts. Worthwhile for a visit from any where in Europe or the UK if you have not been before.

+1 great for a customs stop in or out of France 2hours PPR. Landing was approx 6euro last time !

Also a good stop for Bayeux with car hire options at Airport (sometimes) and from central Caen.

Alex
Shoreham (EGKA) White Waltham (EGLM), United Kingdom

Thanks. I was thinking about a northern France weekend for later in the summer. Thanks for the suggestion!

EIWT Weston, Ireland

Landing was approx 6euro last time !

Mine was €4.80 last time (2014 I think). I bet you wished you stayed with the lighter plane Alex

There is an excellent WW2 museum there.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

@peter. Haha that one breaks the bank! La Rochelle was 12 euro earlier in the month, and Rennes 25… Some of the french fields are such good value. I needed to go to Bristol on Tuesday £161 for the landing plus parking took it to just under £200 for a morning with no handeling, seems steep compared to say Birmingham which wasn’t too bad (£130 with two days parking and great handeling from signature)

Alex

I agree that Caen is a great airport, friendly to GA, cheap, and I even think the city is a nice destination, not talking about the Memorial museum… but

Alex_ wrote:

+1 great for a customs stop in or out of France 2hours PPR

Where did that come from? Are we talking about the same airport?

Here is the API entry for customs at LFRK
MON-FRI : 0800-1700 PN 2HR, SAT-SUN and HOL : 0800-1100, 1300-1700 O/R the day before 1600. Request from SAS AEROPORT on AD or E-mail : [email protected]. Outside these SKED, possible extension within ATS SKED: acknowledge to see with SAS AEROPORT.

And there is no NOTAM saying differently.

LFPT, LFPN

@aviathor PN 2hr for customs as I read it, maybe I’m missing something? Or should not have said PPR?

Alex

Yeah. What you are missing is that I am going there on Sunday and need to request customs before Friday 1600Z. So I got totally hung up in the SAT-SUN-HOL thing…

So you are right that it is fantastic MON-FRI outside holidays

Tunnel vision and over-focusing are funny phenomena.

Last Edited by Aviathor at 26 May 17:41
LFPT, LFPN

Have a great trip

Alex

Yes for the weekend its ideally an email on the Friday – not that anyone seems remotely interested or has any intention of turning up.

If you want fine dinning A Contre Sens is amoung one of the best dines I have ever had. It is truly superb and unusually receives barely if any qualified reviews on Trip Advisor. It is worth the visit just to pay them a visit but possibly book a ways in advance.

14 Posts
Sign in to add your message