Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Cessna 182 Seat Bets Overhaul: 10 years

Hello all,

Thank you for all your suggestions, and sorry for the delay.

I owe you a few precisions.

My aircraft is F-reg and based in France.

@bosco: the approved maintenance program I have subscribed (which is not mandatory, but a personal choice as I didn’t feel confortable with being responsible for managing airworthiness documentation – in French they are called “Bureau de Suivi de Navigabilité”) should be in complete binding with the Cessna MM, as far as I was told (but I didn’t check and don’t have the Cessna MM at my disposal)

@Sam Rutherford: how old is your C182 ? I understood that seat belts limit lifetime for Cessna was only for the “restart” series.

@Michael: I cannot tel you where the exchange (or overhaul) is prescribed in the MM. The Kardex doesn’t seem to give us this information.
I confirm the warranty isn’t my problem right know, I just want a certified solution, that my CAMO will accept indeed.
Thank you for the contact. I will contact them and ask for details. Did you deal with them ?

@Peter and Bosco
The relation with my CAMO is quite good. They tell me, quite in advance, what to expect so that I can be prepared, or eventually look for better solution… Which are ready to consider generally. The matter is not the CAMO, but sometimes the legislation they are bound to.
As my plane is F-reg, if the exchange is mandatory, I think there is no discussion about that.

Regards

One thing is for sure: there is no single field in GA where European harmonization has had as little an impact as in airworthiness requirements (maintenance programs, TBOs, all these nitty gritty details, etc.). That is still very much a domain of the starving national CAAs and their own “ideas”. That’s also why registration shopping has become so popular within Europe over the last few years.

Most purely private CofA aircraft in Italy are on the D-reg now (unless they are N-reg), since they Italian ENAC is such a beast.

In France, most aircraft remained on the F-reg (sure has to do with nationalism, but also with language) and people just live with the consequences.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 08 Jun 08:35
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

As I posted elsewhere here recently, there must still be some national regs on what you can do with a non-national reg aircraft.

Let me ask a Q: why has the Italian PPL training fleet not moved to D-reg?

Why the UK PPL training fleet doesn’t go N-reg is totally clear (ANO Article 225) but elsewhere? I am going to start a thread on this. It’s almost as interesting and potentially useful as knowing what one cannot legally do with homebuilts

Here you go…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Fresh quotation for four new belts: $4546
This is without manpower.
Hard times in life…

Lesson: Think twice before putting an aircraft on EASA-reg

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Fly without!

Agreed – go N…

Michael told me that, concerning its Columbia 300, the seat belts exchange was mandatory, N or not.
So I am not sure N-reg would improve the situation, for that maintenance point.

I am thinking about flying without, and to the free load I would get !!! (Thanks Shorrick !)

Alexandre

Agreed – go N…

How would that help with a current seat belt issue?

concerning its Columbia 300, the seat belts exchange was mandatory, N or not.

Are you sure of that, for the N-reg case? The only mandatory-lifed items are in the airworthiness section of the MM.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Alex – The reason I had to buy complete new seatbelt assemblies is due to two reasons A) It’s in the Chapter IV section of the MM (NOT the case for your 182) and B) The wording is such that precludes having the original setabelts simply re-webbed.

If your CAMO is ok with re-web, this BY FAR the least expensive route. Typical re-webs in the US are about $100 per seat (prices below)

You should be able to find the equivalent with EASA certification.

http://www.aircraftseatbelts.com/affordable-aircraft-seat-belt-rewebbing.php

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN
Sign in to add your message