Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Cessna Maintenance Manual

Hello,

I am looking for a C182T (2006) Maintenance Manual.
Any option offered to find a copy ?

Regards

Cessna went 100% digital some time ago and these manuals are Copyright protected.

You can buy direct from Cessna :

182S/T182 (1997 & On) Maintenance Manual 406,00 $

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

Michael wrote:

Cessna went 100% digital some time ago

They can’t have gone 100% digital – just a month ago we needed a new 172S POH. We requested it in digital form, but the local Cessna Service Centre said it was available on paper only!

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Airborne_Again wrote:

They can’t have gone 100% digital – just a month ago we needed a new 172S POH.

I was reffering to Maintenance Documentation only.

For OBVIOUS reasons POHs are supplied as hard copy.

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

Michael wrote:

I know what you refer to, but I really don’t find it that obvious. The latest revision of this POH was a complete reprint. When we got it from the Cessna Service Centre it was anonymous – we had to write the a/c serial number and registration on the front page ourselves. I really don’t see why we couldn’t just as well have been given an electronic copy to print. We make the POHs available to our club members on the web, so that would also have saved us a lot of scanning work.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

406$… Could be a good investment :-D
Where can we buy a copy ?
Are they updated yearly ?

Novice question: what are all the documents/source needed to maintain an aicraft airworthy, apart from the maintenance manual ?

Last Edited by PetitCessnaVoyageur at 17 Dec 09:27

Michael wrote:

Maybe it is obvious only for Cessnas?

For Diamond Aircraft you donwload the POH frome here: http://support.diamond-air.at/techpubs+M52087573ab0.html

ESTL

One can see why a POH which comes with the plane will be in hard copy (it would be nuts to expect the buyer to fly with an Ipad or whatever, with the battery charging / IT reliability issues) but they certainly exist in PDF form.

For example here and I have a ~20GB collection of manuals, mostly avionics but also loads of POHs and such, on a private site. The older ones are scanned hard copies but anything after about 1995 is a PDF done with some DTP program (M$ Word nowadays, probably).

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Yes. The POH which came with the Diamond aircraft was a hard copy. But that POH is no longer valid since there has been new revisions released by Diamond. Those revisions you need to download yourself as PDFs.

ESTL
9 Posts
Sign in to add your message