Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Cessna T207A thoughts? (also other Cessna 2xx types)

At FL100 and turbocharged I would suggest around KTAS150 and 18-19 usgph, but this is an educated guess. Low level 125-130KTAS and 17 usgph at 65% sounds a fair guess.

With oxygen and FL200 in theory around 170 KTAS.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Google revealed this:

always learning
LO__, Austria

Does this all sound that attractive to you? 121kts TAS, 5000ft, 56l/h @65% for the non-turbo. A C182 with 240kg full fuel (>4h) payload doesn’t fit?

Bremen (EDWQ), Germany

C182 is great but the per seat costs would be way lower in the 207 for what I have in mind (5 pax 1-2 hours). But it’s probably too exotic and a can of worms…

always learning
LO__, Austria

RobertL18C wrote:

At FL100 and turbocharged I would suggest around KTAS150 and 18-19 usgph, but this is an educated guess. Low level 125-130KTAS and 17 usgph at 65% sounds a fair guess.

With oxygen and FL200 in theory around 170 KTAS.

I’d say that was a good guess maybe even a little less fuel.

That a/c looks in nice condition. You can paint up a ‘pig’ but it usually shows under scrutiny. Pictures do often look nicer than the real thing but the lines on that look very tidy.
For the mission you’re considering there is little competition.
If it were me, I’d be happy with steam gauges and all the utility you get. I would look to start with a viewing followed by a very stringent pre-buy.
That’ll be possibly some cash loss, if it turns out to have issues, but what else is there on offer?

A low hour 207 is going to be a very rare a/c.

United Kingdom

This 206 looks much nicer and is also offered on wheels…utility should be similar or better and availability a lot higher and the biggest chunk of the depreciation is already taken care of.

Antonio
LESB, Spain

That 206 on floats is very nice but almost 3x the cost unfortunately.

always learning
LO__, Austria

This 207 is way overpriced. Period.
Deduct 100K € from the asking price and you have a starting point for negotiations.
Otherwise it is always an option to buy an old airplane yourself and get it refurbished to your specs and your taste.
The big advantage is that you get a very deep inside view on the technical status of the airplane.
I went this path once and had no regrets.

Last Edited by cessnatraveller at 21 Dec 07:08

Thanks @cessnatraveller for your opinion.
Why is it overpriced?
Airframe is old?
Avionics partially modernized?
Engine life?

always learning
LO__, Austria

It is an old airframe.
No corrosion protection like in all Reims Cessnas.
If you buy an old airplane it means buying the avionics and you get the plane for free.
The work that was done is in the < 100.000 € range.
You might want to ask for the invoices and if possible the work reports too.
Don‘t get blinded by the mere fact that it is GTN750 equipped. Ask yourself why the ADI was not replaced by another Garmin G5.
Or better: why they did not install the Garmin G500 plus GFC500 digital autopilot.
Then it would make a bit more sense.
For me it is a case of getting an (unrealistic) premium price with a minimum amount of effort.
Also, more important, one day you want to sell it again and this is when the headache starts, i.e. trying to sell a really rare aircraft model.
A nice C182 sells within days or weeks.

Sign in to add your message