Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Cirrus COPA European migration Spring 2022 video in Le Castellet - LFMQ

Hi again,
I have uploaded a video of the trip we did some months ago to Le Castellet to attend the 2022 COPA European Migration… I hope you like it.

LEMT, Spain

@icordoba

Nice video – thank you for posting it

Could you tell us more about the organisation of this fly-in?

We have a discussion here on how to better manage ours.

In particular, what are the participation fees and what are the conditions attached to them e.g. cancellation?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

These “Migrations” as COPA names them are amazing events. Definitely I’ll have a look at that thread and try to hep… but I’ve been in COPA only for one a couple of years now… I’m sure there are users here that have more experience in it. But I’ll share my thoughts.

LEMT, Spain

Has anyone else been to this event, who could fill in the details above?

There are lots and lots of Cirrus pilots on EuroGA

Administrator

Basically, COPA takes care of the deal with the hotel (usually 2 nights extendable to 3) and arranges a setup price. Pilots arrange the payment dirctly with the hotel (at least that’s how I did last time) and pay an amount based on the activities (in this last case, there were 3 activities but I just requested to do 2.
There are online tools that handle all this very easily so users select what they want and do the payment with te credit card. It makes handling the event much easier that collection directly the money from the users.

COPA migrations are not cheap (expensive IMHO) but fun is assured and a there are a lot of people attending (last one was somehow 35 planes attended from all over europe) so you meet a lot of people… which being same brand makes it even more interesting as you always know someone with exactly your same plane and different experiences to share.

European COPA migrations are known by americans to be less technical and training oriented and more about having fun (cultural and gastronomy meetings, wine tasting, etc.). Americans stay all 3 days in a room with flying training :-) COPA Europe just has a one morning training. We also have the “Partner in command” training, for copilots (mostly wives… but not 100%, of course) to go through security practices in case the pilot becomes incapacitated.

If you need specific info just let me know. I’ll detail any aspect you are interested… and of course, if you would consider to celebrate next EuroGA meeting in Spain have my full support and help with the organization :-)

LEMT, Spain

Thank you.

What is the cost charged and is there a refund on a cancellation?

One Cirrus fly-in was reported at €220 per participant but that was almost 10 years ago.

We are trying to do a meet-up at LECD this weekend

Administrator

It was around 390 early bird and 450 after about 3 months before the event.
Luckly my kids are 9 and 10 so no fees applied.
This didn’t include hotel and airport fees (not cheap at LFMQ)
Let me send you some more info now directly…

LEMT, Spain

Regarding the LECD meeting… that’s so bad!!! I can’t join as my plane is grounded for the Annual (with a broken injector nozzle, so it will take an extra week)… but I would have surely attended full family :-(

LEMT, Spain

You didn’t find out because your “Receive Occasional Emails :” setting is empty

We tend to do a Spanish meet-up every October, and usually the wx is good down there (which is why we do Spain) but this time the wx picture is bad.

These Cirrus events are very expensive but clearly there are human factors which still result in a high participation. The most obvious one is the organisation. That needs the right location, and local contacts.

Administrator
9 Posts
Sign in to add your message